Old 01-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Registered User

Unhappy flowering cherry

we have a flowering cherry in our garden. it is 7 years old. for the first three years it bloomed very well. for the last four years there have been very few flowers and mainly at the bottom branches. i even put sulphate of potash round the root spread, but again very few flowers. my husband has pruned the top branches twice.......help!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Rod

On Sun, 1 May 2005 13:15:25 +0000, solaara
wrote:

we have a flowering cherry in our garden. it is 7 years old. for the
first three years it bloomed very well. for the last four years there
have been very few flowers and mainly at the bottom branches. i even
put sulphate of potash round the root spread, but again very few
flowers. my husband has pruned the top branches twice.......help!

Divorce him or at least confiscate the pruning saw - you'll get
flowers again when it's been left alone for a couple of years.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Mike

.. my husband has pruned the top branches twice.......help!

Divorce him or at least confiscate the pruning saw - you'll get
flowers again when it's been left alone for a couple of years.

I think you have grounds for divorce :-(

My next EX-door neighbour, now in his rightful place.... in a box!!, pruned
"OUR" winter flowering cherry because it interfered with his breeding
Budgies :-((

Now doing very well thank you, both with new neighbours who know what they
are talking about, and with an "Un massacred" flowering Cherry :-))))

Mike

Old 01-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Mike wrote:

My next EX-door neighbour, now in his rightful place.... in a box!!, pruned
"OUR" winter flowering cherry because it interfered with his breeding
Budgies :-((

Exactly how does a flowering cherry interfere with a breeding budgie?
I didn't think that plant/animal misgenation was possible!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Mike wrote:

My next EX-door neighbour, now in his rightful place.... in a box!!,

pruned
"OUR" winter flowering cherry because it interfered with his breeding
Budgies :-((

Exactly how does a flowering cherry interfere with a breeding budgie?
I didn't think that plant/animal misgenation was possible!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Rather amusing thought though! (I await the answer with bated breath:~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 02-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered User

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
.. my husband has pruned the top branches twice.......help!

Divorce him or at least confiscate the pruning saw - you'll get
flowers again when it's been left alone for a couple of years.

I think you have grounds for divorce :-(

My next EX-door neighbour, now in his rightful place.... in a box!!, pruned
"OUR" winter flowering cherry because it interfered with his breeding
Budgies :-((

Now doing very well thank you, both with new neighbours who know what they
are talking about, and with an "Un massacred" flowering Cherry :-))))

Mike
thanks for confirming what I suspected..that he is too handy with the secateurs.........Solaara
Old 02-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Mike

Mike thanks for confirming what I suspected..that he is too handy with

the
secateurs.........Solaara

I trust you have read the riot act to him? ;-) and taken the
knife/saw/secateurs/hacksaw/chainsaw/tinopener away from him?

Leave him with the cork screw so he can pour you a nice cool Chardonnay as I
have just done for 'her out of doors' ;-))

Mike

Old 02-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Mike

Leave him with the cork screw so he can pour you a nice cool Chardonnay as

have just done for 'her out of doors' ;-))

Who is now 'her indoors', having come in to cook the Evening Meal :-))

Mike