Old 02-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Margret

Default Mini greenhouse

Is it possible to buy mini greenhouses that would hold just half a dozen or
so pots? I don't have enough room,( nor can I afford !)a large one. Someone
told me a child's plastic tent would be good - what do you think?
Margret

Old 02-05-2005, 03:19 AM
p.mc

"Margret" no wrote in message ...
Is it possible to buy mini greenhouses that would hold just half a dozen

or
so pots? I don't have enough room,( nor can I afford !)a large one.

Someone
told me a child's plastic tent would be good - what do you think?
Margret

Hi Margret

Below is a link to the BQ site. I found a mini greenhouse for £20, it might
be just what you need if it's within your budget.
They also sell these in Rapid Hardware if you have one near you.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/catego...?CATID=8050141
--
Regards
p.mc

Old 02-05-2005, 05:22 PM
WRabbit

"Margret" no wrote in message ...
Is it possible to buy mini greenhouses that would hold just half a dozen

or
so pots? I don't have enough room,( nor can I afford !)a large one.

Someone
told me a child's plastic tent would be good - what do you think?
Margret

It might be a bit bigger than you want but have a look at
http://www.haxnicks.co.uk/trade/plant_houses.html

I have the large size, and it's ideal for my needs, but the standard size
might be better for you.

They *are* expensive (Dobbies have the large at about £75). However the
manufacturers
sell factory seconds on eBay under the user ID haxnicks. They may have
screw holes in the wrong position, or scratched glazing but are perfectly
servicable. I picked up my large one for £28 delivered, and I've also got
one of their coldframes. I've just bought another for a relative.

I've no connection with the company apart from being a happy customer.

Old 03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
p.mc

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Margret" no contains these words:

Is it possible to buy mini greenhouses that would hold just half a dozen

or
so pots? I don't have enough room,( nor can I afford !)a large one.

--------------------------
You'd do better with a coldframe.
Janet.

--------------------------

BQ do one for £15.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 2 May 2005 19:25:28 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 2 May 2005 07:51:50 +0100, "Brian Watson"
wrote:
"p.mc" sigadd1to wrote in message
"Margret" no wrote in message ...

Ikea do a small wooden greenhouse with acetate glazing and opening roof.
It is designed to sit on a shelf or windowsill.
Just the thing for "six or so pots".
Very cheap ISTR.

What do IKEA call it? I can't find it in their catalogue.
There's remarkably little garden stuff in IKEA.
-- Martin

Its called FRO:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...ogId=10101&sto
reId=9&productId=26435&langId=-22&parentCats=10109*10252

Jenny

Well found Jenny.
I saw one of those in the house plant section. It had 3 tiny plants in
it. How deceptive a picture can be. It looks huge, but read the
measurements!

Those green metal frames with plastic covers which zip up are pretty
good as a temporary measure at this time of year. I got one in Lidl
last year for &14.99 and already have a £30+ one from B&Q a few years
ago.

Pam in Bristol