Old 29-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Registered User

Location: Liverpool
Default mini lean-to greenhouse

I have just managed to erect a mini lean-to greenhouse. It is 3'4" long and 1'9" deep. I am delighted with it and it has droppable shelves with a misting facility.
I know it it is not the best time of the year to be making use of it but does anyone have any ideas? I am hoping that it will be very useful in winter and spring. It is bolted to white house wall and faces south. My garden is half patio and half flower and bushes.
__________________
andrew bebb
Old 29-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Janice

Hi, Andrew. Last weekend I got a little greenhouse (4x6). I already have 3
tomatoes and 2 aubergine plants (ready-grown plants from B&Q). I've also
sowed some biennials for planting out in September for flowering next year
(foxgloves), and I've just sowed some ornamental cabbage for winter bedding.
I've no idea what I'm doing, but I've already learned that if you don't open
the door in the morning then everything inside will shrivel up!! What's the
misting facility you have? I could certainly use that as I have to keep
hosing down the inside.

Regards,

s.com...
--
andrew
andrew bebb

Old 29-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Mike

In article m, andrew
writes
I have just managed to erect a mini lean-to greenhouse. It is 3'4" long
and 1'9" deep. I am delighted with it and it has droppable shelves with
a misting facility.
I know it it is not the best time of the year to be making use of it
but does anyone have any ideas? I am hoping that it will be very useful
in winter and spring. It is bolted to white house wall and faces south.
My garden is half patio and half flower and bushes.
--
andrew
andrew bebb

Hi Andrew

Just one bit of advice from a non gardening slave to 'her outside'. I do
know from experience, that if it is in a corner of a white painted house
facing south, protected from the wind, it will get HOT inside.

We have a south facing back garden on a Cornish Cream painted house and
we cannot sit on the patio when the sun is toooooooooooooooooo high. We
have registered well over 100f without too much trouble.

That's the Isle of Wight, but I don't think that it is reduced by very
much as you go north.

Mike
Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 30-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Registered User

Location: Liverpool

Janice and Mike,