Old 20-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for
those who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Checking on google, it's apparent that Crowe invented that smear,
the latest in a long history of dishonest attempts by him to discredit
this group, and other posters, by misrepresentation. We've seen it all
before in his lying pretence that this group is "owned" by an inner
clique of posters.

Urglers would be far more SHOCKED if they look up google's archive of
Crowe's even worse behaviour in his "local" newsgroups,
uk.local.isle-of-wight and uk.local.hampshire.

I didn't write any of what you quoted under my name.

They are Mike's words, from which I would like to be disassociated.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 20-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
,
Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

Actually, Nick, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original meaning
of
the symbol slightly sinister and that it was adopted by Hinduism as a
symbol
of peace? The reason Hitler adopted it as the symbol for the Nazis was
because of the ideals of the Aryans - i.e. they wanted to create a utopian
society and considrered themselves to be superior to the rest of mankind.

No. It has been used in this country for at least the past 700 years,
and is even older as a Christian symbol. I don't know how far back
it goes as a symbol in India and the Himalayas (it is not JUST a
Hindu symbol), but a lot further.

The term Aryan originally referred to a linguistic grouping, including
the people who spoke the Indo-European languages. I.e. most of Europe,
much of India (definitely including Hindus) but not the Finns, Basques
or Hungarians.

((snip))

It's always amused me when those idiots talk about the Aryan race, the
people they think look like true Aryans, the Scandinavians, never have been,
perhaps they should go to Northern India to see what real Aryans look like.
:-)

--
Regards
Bob

Old 20-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Andy

All i asked was about cat poo!!

What has that got to do with Nazis, WW2 and all the rest of it??

Wish I had never asked!! Mind you I have had a laugh reading all the posts!!

Amusing!!!

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
news:1116509792.e92652333d540e1a373573be2d570554@t eranews...
On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:07:11 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those

who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

Mike
Bloody disgusted
Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past to save
this country.

That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in first.
The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

--
Tim C.

Old 20-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Andy

What the hell has all this got to do with gardening??

Why not ignore the bloke if you don't all like what he says?? Answering just
adds fuel to the fire.

He offered me advice so ta for that mate, the rest might be ********, but
hopefully my cat poo problem is sorted!! We will see!!

Thanks all

Andy
"Spider" wrote in message

Mike wrote in message
That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those

who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

Mike
Bloody disgusted
Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past to save
this country.

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

Please mark such postings as OT, so we can ignore them.
Spider

Old 20-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Andy

LOL Everyone else seems to be ranting as well!!!

Andy

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
Mike wrote:
:: That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for
:: those who gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have
:: today.
::
:: Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?
::
:: Mike
:: Bloody disgusted
:: Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past
:: to save this country.

Mike, being fairly 'new' here I admit I don't fully understand the

politics
of the group, but your incessant whining about cats has not only become an
obsession with you, it has completely changed you from being known as
'Mike', into 'that weird cat bloke in URG'.
Your cat rantings seemed to be getting more and more rabid, until this
recent explosion where you attempted to drag the dead of WW2 into the

fray -
shame on you - if you truly beleive what you have typed above, then why
*use* them in an attempt to bolster your cat arguments?

And no, I'm not a cat lover, I don't like cats at all, but have no wish to
skin them alive, kill them with .22 guns or put them in the oven and
obviously neither do you unless you are seriously mentally ill, ergo you

are
only saying these things for effect, IE trolling.

JM2P, no offence is meant to anyone, living or dead.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 20-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

I understand your feelings and should have edited out your attribution
line altogether.

Very sorry

Accepted without reservation.

(Now everyone knows I'm not Mike!)

Old 23-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Victoria Clare

"Andy" wrote in
:

What the hell has all this got to do with gardening??

Why not ignore the bloke if you don't all like what he says??
Answering just adds fuel to the fire.

Normally I would agree with you. I have been ignoring the guy for almost
however many years it is that he has been posting here.

Very occasionally he posts something vaguely useful, but most of his
messages are structured to deliberately annoy or provoke, and his
information is often incorrect or poorly understood.

The war is a regular theme of his, which is indeed off topic.

On this occasion I found his reference to it disturbing and inappropriate,
and I said so. His posts assume (or used to when I read them) that the
consensus of the silent majority is always in his favour.

I don't think it is.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 24-05-2005, 10:10 AM
JennyC

"Mike" wrote in message
That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.
Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?
Mike

Bloody disgusted
Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past to save
this country.

What on earth are you going on about now??
Could you perhaps stick to gardening as this is what this group is about !

...................Or maybe it is garden related...........'bee in the bonnet'

Jenny

Old 24-05-2005, 10:14 AM
JennyC

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...
"Andy" wrote in
:

What the hell has all this got to do with gardening??
Why not ignore the bloke if you don't all like what he says??

Answering just adds fuel to the fire.

snipped
The war is a regular theme of his, which is indeed off topic.
On this occasion I found his reference to it disturbing and inappropriate,

and I said so. His posts assume (or used to when I read them) that the
consensus of the silent majority is always in his favour.
I don't think it is.
Victoria

Senile dementure probably
WW II was 60/65 years ago
Participants must be in their 80's by now.................!
Jenny