Old 19-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Mike

Default SHOCKED

That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

Mike
Bloody disgusted
Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past to save
this country.

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

Old 19-05-2005, 02:22 PM
RichardS

What on earth are you on about now?

If it's to do with the thread on cats, please keep it within that thread. I
lost interest in it as soon as you got your soapbox out.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Old 19-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:07:11 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

Mike
Bloody disgusted
Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past to save
this country.

That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in first.
The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

--
Tim C.
Old 19-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Gary Woods

Tim Challenger wrote:

The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

A Godwin in one! Pretty inefficient trolling to do it so quckly, don't you
think?
We now return you to your gardens, already in progress...

Old 19-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article 1116509792.e92652333d540e1a373573be2d570554@teran ews,
Tim Challenger writes:
| On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:07:11 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:
|
| Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?
|
| That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in first.
| The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

I should like to point out that the swastika, also known as a
gammadion or fylfot, is an ancient symbol and has maintained
its beneficial aspects in the East.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 19-05-2005, 03:17 PM
bigboard

Mike wrote:

That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

Mike
Bloody disgusted
Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past to save
this country.

Have you tried writing to some local newspapers? Don't forget to use green
ink, as letters written with it are always given priority.

Also, perhaps you could arrange some sort of reunion with other people who
are shocked.

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
RAF Regiment Assoc. Scarborough 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Eden Camp

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
-- E. Rutherford

Old 19-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
:: That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for
:: those who gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have
:: today.
::
:: Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?
::
:: Mike
:: Bloody disgusted
:: Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past
:: to save this country.

Mike, being fairly 'new' here I admit I don't fully understand the politics
of the group, but your incessant whining about cats has not only become an
obsession with you, it has completely changed you from being known as
'Mike', into 'that weird cat bloke in URG'.
Your cat rantings seemed to be getting more and more rabid, until this
recent explosion where you attempted to drag the dead of WW2 into the fray -
shame on you - if you truly beleive what you have typed above, then why
*use* them in an attempt to bolster your cat arguments?

And no, I'm not a cat lover, I don't like cats at all, but have no wish to
skin them alive, kill them with .22 guns or put them in the oven and
obviously neither do you unless you are seriously mentally ill, ergo you are
only saying these things for effect, IE trolling.

JM2P, no offence is meant to anyone, living or dead.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 19-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Tim Challenger

Tim Challenger writes:
| On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:07:11 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:
|
| Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?
|
| That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in first.
| The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

I should like to point out that the swastika, also known as a
gammadion or fylfot, is an ancient symbol and has maintained
its beneficial aspects in the East.

I know that, but we all know what he meant. ;-)
--
Tim C.
Old 19-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 19 May 2005 14:36:51 GMT, Phil L wrote:

... Your cat rantings seemed to be getting more and more rabid, ...

LOL!

--
Tim C.
Old 19-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

What are you on? Can I have some of it, please?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 19-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Spider

Mike wrote in message
That older members/readers of this newsgroup have no respect for those who
gave their lives for us to enjoy the freedom we have today.

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

Mike
Bloody disgusted
Thank God the Armed Services and what they have done in the past to save
this country.

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
RAF Regiment Assoc. Scarborough 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Eden Camp

Please mark such postings as OT, so we can ignore them.
Spider

Old 19-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
Tim Challenger writes:

after Mike wrote:

| Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?
|
| That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in first.
| The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

I should like to point out that the swastika, also known as a
gammadion or fylfot, is an ancient symbol and has maintained
its beneficial aspects in the East.

Quite, if you go to India you will see it adorning lots of temples and also
lorries (together with the request "Horn for side" whatever that means).
It's an ancient (Aryan ?) symbol and the Nazi's simply borrowed it. I've
never looked to see if it's on the temples in Southall when I go there for a
meal, I expect it is somewhere.
--
Regards
Bob

Old 19-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Tim Challenger writes:
On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:07:11 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in
first. The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

I should like to point out that the swastika, also known as a
gammadion or fylfot, is an ancient symbol and has maintained
its beneficial aspects in the East.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Actually, Nick, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original meaning of
the symbol slightly sinister and that it was adopted by Hinduism as a symbol
of peace? The reason Hitler adopted it as the symbol for the Nazis was
because of the ideals of the Aryans - i.e. they wanted to create a utopian
society and considrered themselves to be superior to the rest of mankind.
These days, 'aryan' is a byword for white supremacy and right-wing
extremists (prime example, the Aryan Nations, the paramilitary wing of the
Church of Jesus Christ Christian).

I'm not going to say anything more as I don't want to turn this into a
political discussion.

Sarah

Old 20-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

Actually, Nick, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original meaning of
the symbol slightly sinister and that it was adopted by Hinduism as a symbol
of peace? The reason Hitler adopted it as the symbol for the Nazis was
because of the ideals of the Aryans - i.e. they wanted to create a utopian
society and considrered themselves to be superior to the rest of mankind.

No. It has been used in this country for at least the past 700 years,
and is even older as a Christian symbol. I don't know how far back
it goes as a symbol in India and the Himalayas (it is not JUST a
Hindu symbol), but a lot further.

The term Aryan originally referred to a linguistic grouping, including
the people who spoke the Indo-European languages. I.e. most of Europe,
much of India (definitely including Hindus) but not the Finns, Basques
or Hungarians.

These days, 'aryan' is a byword for white supremacy and right-wing
extremists (prime example, the Aryan Nations, the paramilitary wing of the
Church of Jesus Christ Christian).

That is true, but that bunch of lunatic dogmatists are very keen
on rewriting history to match their prejudices. I will have no
truck with them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 20-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Kay

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

Actually, Nick, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original meaning of
the symbol slightly sinister and that it was adopted by Hinduism as a symbol
of peace? The reason Hitler adopted it as the symbol for the Nazis was
because of the ideals of the Aryans - i.e. they wanted to create a utopian
society and considrered themselves to be superior to the rest of mankind.

No. It has been used in this country for at least the past 700 years,
and is even older as a Christian symbol. I don't know how far back
it goes as a symbol in India and the Himalayas (it is not JUST a
Hindu symbol), but a lot further.

Also the swastika stone on Ilkley Moor - a rather curvy version but very
much older than Christianity.

--
Kay