Old 21-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Mike Tunstall

Default Acer Palmatum

I have just bought one of these and I want to put it into a larger pot.

Now from your average garden centre what potting medium do I need for it.
Are there any special conditions for this plant I should be aware of, other
than keep out of winds?

I am a novice so go easy on me peeps ; )

Mike

Old 21-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:14:05 +0100, Dave Poole
wrote:

Well, I'll try to give you an easy to follow procedure explaining what
you need to do and why. If I forget anything, I'm sure someone will
pick me up on it

Dave, your excellent detailed instructions have helpe me make a
decision to put my semi-bonsai acer into a big tub which I already
have. I had been dithering over what to do with it. Now I know!
Thanks

Pam in Bristol
Old 21-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Simon Tomlinson

From another novice who got two of these for her birthday a couple of years
ago. The garden centre advised re-potting into Tree and ? Compost. Bought
a bag, re-potted and the Acers are an absolute delight. All I do is keep
then well-watered, although they are in a reasonably sheltered spot.

Kate

"Mike Tunstall" wrote in
message ...

Old 21-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Mike Tunstall

"Mike Tunstall" wrote in
message ...
I have just bought one of these and I want to put it into a larger pot.

Now from your average garden centre what potting medium do I need for it.
Are there any special conditions for this plant I should be aware of,
other than keep out of winds?

I am a novice so go easy on me peeps ; )

Mike

Dave

Many thanks for the advice indeed, its excellent. I appreciate you taking
the time to do such a detailed reply.

Mike