Old 22-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

Default Mantis Tiller

Hi

Any comments on this product as I am considering one to make life a little
easier.

Many thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Old 22-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
Hi

Any comments on this product as I am considering one to make life a little
easier.

Many thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Excellent tool.
Only used ours for rotorvating, so can't comment on the other functions.
No doubt there could be some comments on this from the non believers in such
processes.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 22-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Jupiter

On Sun, 22 May 2005 17:07:43 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Stockdale"
wrote:

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
Hi

Any comments on this product as I am considering one to make life a little
easier.

Many thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Excellent tool.
Only used ours for rotorvating, so can't comment on the other functions.
No doubt there could be some comments on this from the non believers in such
processes.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

What if it runs amok, escapes from its operator and destroys the
planet?

Old 22-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Jupiter" wrote in message

..

What if it runs amok, escapes from its operator and destroys the
planet?

Depends which planet you are living on !
If you are on planet earth - destruction no chance.
The questioning author may be on another planet though !!

Pete

Old 22-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
Hi

Any comments on this product as I am considering one to make life a little
easier.

Many thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Lightweight & easy to use. So far reliable. Doesn't go very deep, and not
too good in clay, but otherwise a help.

Old 22-05-2005, 08:59 PM

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
Hi

Any comments on this product as I am considering one to make life a
little easier.

Many thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Lightweight & easy to use. So far reliable. Doesn't go very deep, and not
too good in clay, but otherwise a help.

Now I have hard clay ground, I was hoping that by using a Mantis and Compost
I could get it in better condition.
The ground is hard but digging with a fork and then chopping up with a spade
whilst adding compost realy turns it into quite good soild.
The reason for the Mantis is spade + fork = back problems for me.

I guess I could use the 365 day return policy and give it a go. I plan to
call in next week when I am in Stockport as I have also noticed the imported
price is £320 and some online prices are £250 with all the same deal. I want
to see if the importer will match this or has any used ones for sale first.

Thanks for the help
Steve

Old 22-05-2005, 09:31 PM
June Hughes

In message , Steve -
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk writes

Now I have hard clay ground, I was hoping that by using a Mantis and Compost
I could get it in better condition.
The ground is hard but digging with a fork and then chopping up with a spade
whilst adding compost realy turns it into quite good soild.
The reason for the Mantis is spade + fork = back problems for me.

I guess I could use the 365 day return policy and give it a go. I plan to
call in next week when I am in Stockport as I have also noticed the imported
price is £320 and some online prices are £250 with all the same deal. I want
to see if the importer will match this or has any used ones for sale first.

If you have clay you could do far worse than buy some sand and dig that
in - or pay someone else to do it for you, as you have a bad back. Sand
is quite successful in breaking down clay. Our soil is very heavy clay
and whatever we do, it turns back to clay unless it is regularly
attended to.
Also, I paid someone to re-jig part of my garden a couple of years ago.
He was a professional gardener and even he had a tough time using the
hired rotovator on our clay.

365 days is a long try-out period but if the machine is not up to the
job, you have lost a season. Could you not hire one for a day and see
how you go?
--
June Hughes
Old 22-05-2005, 10:06 PM

"June Hughes" wrote in message
[...]

I did hire one of theose big ones for a day to redo the lawn, great sucess
and I am very pleased with the result we now have a flat lawn that looks
very good and has much better drainage.
I am now thinking a small unit may be handy to help improve on the borders.
I going to visit Mantis first and have a chat, I hate to waste peoples time
and would rather not buy one only to give it back. It is not fair on the
suppiler, however if after the chat they say it will be fine and its not
then at least I asked so I wont feel as bad.
Thanks
Steve

Old 22-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Henry

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
Hi

Any comments on this product as I am considering one to make life a little
easier.

Many thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Another option might be a brushcutter type tool fitted with the "easy-share"
system, Ryobi & Performance Power(B&Q) etc do them, and getting the tiller
attachment. It would probably work out cheaper than the Mantis and you have
the advantage of the other tools. I don't know if they work well but I have
an older Ryobi dedicated tiller and that does the job quite well, a "powered
spade" would be one way to describe it.

Henry

Old 26-05-2005, 10:11 PM

"Henry" wrote in message ...

"Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote in message
Hi

Any comments on this product as I am considering one to make life a
little easier.

Many thanks
Steve

--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Another option might be a brushcutter type tool fitted with the
"easy-share" system, Ryobi & Performance Power(B&Q) etc do them, and
getting the tiller attachment. It would probably work out cheaper than the
Mantis and you have the advantage of the other tools. I don't know if they
work well but I have an older Ryobi dedicated tiller and that does the job
quite well, a "powered spade" would be one way to describe it.

Henry

Well I bought my Mantis today, I went for a ex-demo unit as it was £80 less
but had all the same warranties and satisfaction guarantee.

Had to have a play with it and I am very pleased, they have taken into
consideration the noise and made it as quiet as possible, and it is very
quiet and surprisingly powerful. The other half is now worried that by the
end of the weekend that all we will have is a nicely tilled garden and
nothing else.

Thank for the hep
Steve

Old 28-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Peter Stockdale

Well I bought my Mantis today, I went for a ex-demo unit as it was £80
less but had all the same warranties and satisfaction guarantee.

Had to have a play with it and I am very pleased, they have taken into
consideration the noise and made it as quiet as possible, and it is very
quiet and surprisingly powerful. The other half is now worried that by the
end of the weekend that all we will have is a nicely tilled garden and
nothing else.

Thank for the hep
Steve

Glad to hear you are happy.
You presumably had the added benefit that you did not have to assemble the
thing.
Perhaps they had took it to bits again after the demo just to give you the
excitement of sticking it together again !
Regards
Pete

Mantis Tiller ruth todd Gardening 12 08-02-2004 06:22 PM
Mantis tiller Bruce Yates Edible Gardening 31 24-05-2003 03:56 PM
I chose Mantis tiller--here's why Siouxzi North Carolina 1 22-04-2003 11:08 PM
Mantis tiller experience? Ed United Kingdom 2 09-02-2003 11:13 PM
Mantis tiller/cultivator Doreen Taylor United Kingdom 3 30-01-2003 07:36 PM