Old 24-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Spider

Default Lily Beetles

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I found a mating pair of Lily Beetles on my Tricyrtis. So far
this year I have found them on Alliums and Altroemeria, as well as their
known host plants Lily and Fritillaria. Are they becoming more catholic in
their tastes? Has anyone else seen this, or has only my garden become the
Mecca for Lily Beetles? {:-((

Spider

Old 24-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Jennifer Sparkes

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I found a mating pair of Lily Beetles on my Tricyrtis. So far
this year I have found them on Alliums and Altroemeria, as well as their
known host plants Lily and Fritillaria. Are they becoming more
catholic in
their tastes?

Hard to say. Were they using a teeny tiny contraceptives, did you
notice?

I wish ...

Jennifer
Old 24-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Spider

Janet Baraclough wrote in message
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I found a mating pair of Lily Beetles on my Tricyrtis. So far
this year I have found them on Alliums and Altroemeria, as well as their
known host plants Lily and Fritillaria. Are they becoming more catholic

in
their tastes?

Hard to say. Were they using a teeny tiny contraceptives, did you

notice?

Janet.

Hi Janet,

Definitely a LOL, that one! .. but it was catholic with a small 'c'. It is
very understandable that you needed to overlook this, however, in order to
give us a good chuckle.

The Lily Beetles are not laughing, however; I did some serious squishing.

Spider

Old 24-05-2005, 07:03 PM
shazzbat

"Spider" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I found a mating pair of Lily Beetles on my Tricyrtis. So far
this year I have found them on Alliums and Altroemeria, as well as their
known host plants Lily and Fritillaria. Are they becoming more catholic

in
their tastes? Has anyone else seen this, or has only my garden become the
Mecca for Lily Beetles? {:-((

If it is, I can't wait for ours to go on the hajj.

Steve

lily beetles bugzgrl Gardening 6 28-01-2006 12:00 AM
lily beetles enigma Gardening 5 31-05-2005 10:44 PM
Lily Beetles Colin Jacobs United Kingdom 2 19-02-2005 10:50 PM
lily beetles - what eats them ? And summer bulbs. Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat United Kingdom 14 23-05-2004 05:07 PM
Lily beetles spreading... Bob United Kingdom 10 20-05-2004 12:05 PM