Old 24-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Paul Kelly

Default OT Was: waste pipe

nightjar wrote in message
. ..

One possibility might be inspection cover liners. You need to look in the
below-ground drainage catalogue in your local builders' merchants. They

are
used to line the hole between an inspection chamber and the cover above.

completely off topic aside: What's the difference between an inspection
cover and a manhole cover - and why?

pk

Old 24-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Ian

"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

nightjar wrote in message
. ..

One possibility might be inspection cover liners. You need to look in

the
below-ground drainage catalogue in your local builders' merchants. They

are
used to line the hole between an inspection chamber and the cover above.

completely off topic aside: What's the difference between an inspection
cover and a manhole cover - and why?

pk

Don't know for sure. Could be the same thing or could be that an inspection
cover is to allow visual access and a manhole cover is to allow someone to
climb in or out?

Ian

Old 24-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:23:42 +0000 (UTC), Paul Kelly wrote:

completely off topic aside: What's the difference between an
inspection cover and a manhole cover - and why?

The hole underneath.

A manhole, as the name suggests, is (should be) big enough to enable
access by a person, ie you can climb into it. An inspection chamber is
just that for inspection and rodding access without climbing in.

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.

Old 24-02-2003, 11:12 AM
Paul Kelly

"Ian" wrote in message
"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

completely off topic aside: What's the difference between an inspection
cover and a manhole cover - and why?

pk

Don't know for sure. Could be the same thing or could be that an

inspection
cover is to allow visual access and a manhole cover is to allow someone to
climb in or out?

Ah, but why the different shape? (that's a clue btw!)

pk

Old 24-02-2003, 04:53 PM
exxos

If there is a cirlce of plastic down a manhole where would I be likely to
find one ?

Chris

ill.network...

Old 24-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:53:53 GMT, exxos wrote:

If there is a cirlce of plastic down a manhole where would I be
likely to find one ?

Builders Merchants, note that they come in sections only about 9"
long.

Old 24-02-2003, 08:32 PM
exxos

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ill.network...
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:53:53 GMT, exxos wrote:

If there is a cirlce of plastic down a manhole where would I be
likely to find one ?

Builders Merchants, note that they come in sections only about 9"
long.

Right, will investigate on this! 9" is a bit small but I could glue a couple
together, as long as the diameter is close then its not all to bad.

While im here, any one know about a 5" dia glass tube, such as a large 2pint
glass, straightish sides ?

Cheers,
chris

Old 24-02-2003, 11:29 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:32:40 GMT, exxos wrote:

Right, will investigate on this! 9" is a bit small but I could glue
a couple together, as long as the diameter is close then its not all
to bad.

The do have a flange that protrudes internally and externally and I
don't think they come cheap. Check the screwfix site? Oh not bad
=A314.99 each.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...155&id=3D15957

Might work if not Home Plumbing Underground Drainage.

While im here, any one know about a 5" dia glass tube, such as a
large 2pint glass, straightish sides ?

Laboratory suppliers, large beaker?

Old 25-02-2003, 07:00 AM
exxos

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ill.network...
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:32:40 GMT, exxos wrote:

Right, will investigate on this! 9" is a bit small but I could glue
a couple together, as long as the diameter is close then its not all
to bad.

The do have a flange that protrudes internally and externally and I
don't think they come cheap. Check the screwfix site? Oh not bad
£14.99 each.

Might work if not Home Plumbing Underground Drainage.

thanks for the link! I take its 175mm is the height of it ? AS usual
screwfix leave off detail, I remember they couldn't tell me the dia of a
copper tube a year or 2 back!

Cheers,
Chris

While im here, any one know about a 5" dia glass tube, such as a
large 2pint glass, straightish sides ?

Laboratory suppliers, large beaker?

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.

Poly pipe fitting question hoges Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
waste pipe exxos United Kingdom 14 27-02-2003 07:11 AM
More on Pipe Sizes BenignVanilla Ponds 3 11-02-2003 01:25 AM
Return Pipe BenignVanilla Ponds 2 10-02-2003 09:55 PM
Pipe Size BenignVanilla Ponds 16 03-02-2003 02:05 PM