Old 30-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Broadback

Default Advice for Myrtle please

A local herb garden centre is closing and are selling plants off. I've
bought a Myrtle which I intend to grow in a container. Any advice
please on feeding watering, and is it frost hardy?
TIA
Old 30-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Des Higgins

"Broadback" wrote in message
A local herb garden centre is closing and are selling plants off. I've
bought a Myrtle which I intend to grow in a container. Any advice please
on feeding watering, and is it frost hardy?
TIA

We had a 2 myrtles in Cork (Irish south coast) which we inherited when we
moved in and which were already small trees/big shrubs and were outdoors
althought the frosts were never very hard. It rarely went below 2-3celsius
below freezing but it certainly froze regularly in winter and there must
have been occasional harder frosts. My guess would be that it will do fine
outdoors as long as you give it some shelter from east winds. Feeding and
watering were not neccessary where we lived :-).

Old 30-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Kay

In article , Broadback
writes
A local herb garden centre is closing and are selling plants off. I've
bought a Myrtle which I intend to grow in a container. Any advice
please on feeding watering, and is it frost hardy?

Mine has been outside for the last three or 4 winters

--
Kay

Wax myrtle common myrtle davholla Gardening 6 29-01-2007 12:48 AM
[IBC] Crape Myrtle Repot audgen Bonsai 2 17-03-2003 08:44 PM
Myrtle Tree Underplantings paghat Gardening 3 04-02-2003 02:44 PM
Aleppo Pine & Myrtle Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 28-01-2003 03:37 AM
Do I Prune Crepe Myrtle or Not??? corky Lawns 3 02-01-2003 01:55 AM