Old 20-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from mbwest contains these words:

/snip/

Oh and i also accidently brought 6x20ltr bags of compost. Ooops. I
thought it was top soil but that was in the smaller bags only. Never
mind. I also spent 20mins in "instore" believing i was in B&Q (same
colour codes etc) and complained that it said they were open for
another 2hrs when they shut.

Never mind - mix the compost with the topsoil and the grass will be all
the better for it.

I also looked for weed and feed and all of the boxes said you need to
wait for atleast 6months until you can use it on new lawn. - Is this
usual.

Yes. At *LEAST* six months.

I also got some slow release fertiliser granuals to sprinkle into the
soil. good idea? bad idea?

Unnecessary, but I can't see that it would hurt.

/snip/

Yes the prices of beer in Westminster are terrible but fortunatly there
are still a few student bars i can go to, but i do notice the difference
as i regularly shoot with the army where it is about 70p a pint!

Humffff! When I used to shoot on army ranges there wasn't even a
shelter, except the overhang of the butts. And it was often a half-mile
march back to the barracks.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/