Old 02-03-2003, 08:58 PM
tim

Default hardines zones

Thanks for the email replies.

I believe it is important to be aware of how different world zones and their
corresponding plants may be translated to our own local zones. I accept that
simply translating one piece of infomationn is never enough on its own.
This all started because I was reading various magazines showing different
Garden designs and plantings. After each named plant was the american frost
zone. I simply wanted some idea as to how this relates to engaland.
Its a most interesting topic and judging by the response deserves a mention
in any garden news group.

Thankyou. Tim

Old 03-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"tim" writes:

| I believe it is important to be aware of how different world zones and their
| corresponding plants may be translated to our own local zones. I accept that
| simply translating one piece of infomationn is never enough on its own.
| This all started because I was reading various magazines showing different
| Garden designs and plantings. After each named plant was the american frost
| zone. I simply wanted some idea as to how this relates to engaland.
| Its a most interesting topic and judging by the response deserves a mention
| in any garden news group.

Take a look for a recent posting called "An even longer climate FAQ".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679