Old 02-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Rocket

Default Re-turfing a lawn

My front lawn needs totally replacing due to moss and weed. It is 17sq m and
I have been quoted £300. Is this a realistic figure? The guy reckons he can
do without a turf cutter and rotavator and just a few bags of topsoil will
be required for levelling. Wish I didn't have this damned slipped disc.

--
Rocket
MCSA

Old 02-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Rocket
writes
My front lawn needs totally replacing due to moss and weed. It is 17sq m and
I have been quoted £300. Is this a realistic figure? The guy reckons he can
do without a turf cutter and rotavator and just a few bags of topsoil will
be required for levelling. Wish I didn't have this damned slipped disc.

If you have moss, then it is probably because the soil is too damp, and
your new lawn will also get moss unless you sort out the drainage. It
doesn't sound as if your guy is planning to do that.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/
Old 03-03-2003, 08:29 AM
pied piper

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Rocket
writes
My front lawn needs totally replacing due to moss and weed. It is 17sq m

and
I have been quoted £300. Is this a realistic figure? The guy reckons he

can
do without a turf cutter and rotavator and just a few bags of topsoil

will
be required for levelling. Wish I didn't have this damned slipped disc.

If you have moss, then it is probably because the soil is too damp, and
your new lawn will also get moss unless you sort out the drainage. It
doesn't sound as if your guy is planning to do that.
--
Kay Easton

ill do it for £250

Conflicting advice on levelling and turfing my lawn. williamrobb88 Lawns 0 02-05-2007 11:09 AM
Cost of re-turfing a lawn [email protected] United Kingdom 24 08-09-2006 01:52 PM
Turfing a new lawn Newshound United Kingdom 4 05-09-2006 10:55 PM
Lawn turfing Chris United Kingdom 4 10-05-2004 01:07 AM
Decking and turfing - help! have they done it right? xtinexoop United Kingdom 2 08-05-2003 10:44 AM