Old 01-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Registered User

Location: manchester england
Thumbs up new member

just thought i would say hello to everyone my name is bill and i have moved into a house with a garden, first time i have lived in a house with a garden. I am looking forward to working on it, problem is i know nothing about gardening and would be grateful for any help i can get from my fellow members here. I promise not to be bothering you all to often.

Regards Bill
Old 02-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Registered User

Location: Lancashire
Smile

Hi Bill and welcome, I'm new here too!

I have just moved into a house with a huge (overgrown) garden which I'm attempting to sort out. Everybody here is very friendly & will try to help you out with any problems you have, look forward to reading your posts!

Regards

Lorraine
Old 02-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Lorraine_6865 contains
these words:

Hi Bill and welcome, I'm new here too!

I have just moved into a house with a huge (overgrown) garden which I'm
attempting to sort out. Everybody here is very friendly & will try to
help you out with any problems you have, look forward to reading your
posts!

Regards

Lorraine

Er...just so you know.."here" is not gardenbanter's website. It's a
usenet newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening, which has absolutely nothing
whatever to do with gardenbanter.

There's a weekly help post called abcfor newcomers, which will help
you get the best out of the newsgroup.

Janet.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Harold Walker

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Lorraine_6865 contains
these words:

Hi Bill and welcome, I'm new here too!

I have just moved into a house with a huge (overgrown) garden which I'm
attempting to sort out. Everybody here is very friendly & will try to
help you out with any problems you have, look forward to reading your
posts!

Regards

Lorraine

Er...just so you know.."here" is not gardenbanter's website. It's a
usenet newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening, which has absolutely nothing
whatever to do with gardenbanter.

There's a weekly help post called abcfor newcomers, which will help
you get the best out of the newsgroup.

Janet.

Exactly what is the meaning of 'gardenbanter'...am somewhat confused as
reading many of the responses to various subjects it suggests to me that
much 'banter' takes place....suggesting to me that I do not know the meaning
of 'banter'......H

Old 03-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Exactly what is the meaning of 'gardenbanter'...am somewhat confused as
reading many of the responses to various subjects it suggests to me that
much 'banter' takes place....suggesting to me that I do not know the
meaning
of 'banter'......H

It's some sort of a website which gives (possibly) limited access to
some newsgroups and has some sort of a bulletin-board function.

To use it to its best advantage though, you have to be online, whereas
you can download news easily and economically and read and answer
offline.

I think the site's name could be a typo for 'Gardenbatter'...

D,R&AH

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Kay

In article , Harold Walker
writes

Exactly what is the meaning of 'gardenbanter'...am somewhat confused as
reading many of the responses to various subjects it suggests to me that
much 'banter' takes place....suggesting to me that I do not know the meaning
of 'banter'......H

'gardenbanter' is a website (google it) which re-posts on its site
various newsgroups including urg, and forwards posts from its members to
urg. Anyone with 'gardenbanter' in their address is posting through
gardenbanter and not directly to urg.
--
Kay

Old 03-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

To use it to its best advantage though, you have to be online, whereas

Sorry, lost "with Usenet" during editing.

Old 03-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Er...just so you know.."here" is not gardenbanter's website. It's a
usenet newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening, which has absolutely nothing
whatever to do with gardenbanter.

There's a weekly help post called abcfor newcomers, which will help
you get the best out of the newsgroup.

Janet.

Exactly what is the meaning of 'gardenbanter'...

www.gardenbanter is a website which acts as a portal to this
newsgroup (and others). Its members read urg on the gb website, and
often appear to mistakenly think urg is a website forum or message
board; or an advisory service provided by gardenbanter.

There are significant differences between a website forum/message
board and a usenet group. For instance, urg is unmoderated,
non-commercial, is a text-only discussion group, (mostly) conforms to
usenet posting conventions, many of its posters provide a valid private
email address, and the vast majority show a valid isp in their full
post-headers.

Gardenbanter's forums are moderated, conceal posters' private email
addresses and isp, and don't conform to usenet posting conventions.
AFAIK they also permit pictures and paying banner adverts.

Janet.

[IBC] Morning, New Member Barb Bonsai 1 12-08-2003 04:42 PM
New member--intro Kelly Upton Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 17-04-2003 11:20 PM
New Member Starlord Gardening 0 11-02-2003 04:25 AM
[IBC] New member - Question on junipers Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 08:25 PM
New member - Question on junipers Allen Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 07:25 PM