Old 06-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Robert

Default Identification

Can anyone please identify this plant photographed this week on a south
facing wall in Mt Edgcumbe Country Park's formal gardens section (Cornwall)?
Thank you

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...W0QBV2SU52417Z

Old 06-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Martin Sykes

"Robert" wrote in message
Can anyone please identify this plant photographed this week on a south
facing wall in Mt Edgcumbe Country Park's formal gardens section
(Cornwall)?
Thank you

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...W0QBV2SU52417Z

Looks like an abutilon

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 06-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"Robert" wrote in message
Can anyone please identify this plant photographed this week on a south
facing wall in Mt Edgcumbe Country Park's formal gardens section
(Cornwall)?
Thank you

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...W0QBV2SU52417Z

Looks like an abutilon

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

It is an Abutilon, the variety is 'Hinton's Seedling'
(that was a very irritating way of posting a picture by the way! am still
trying to eradicate adverts)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 06-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Robert

: It is an Abutilon, the variety is 'Hinton's Seedling'
: (that was a very irritating way of posting a picture by the way! am still
: trying to eradicate adverts)
:
: --
: Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
: http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
: Holders of National Plant Collection of Clematis viticella (cvs)
:
Adverts?! never had such trouble here, thanks for the name

Old 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Des Higgins

"Robert" wrote in message

: It is an Abutilon, the variety is 'Hinton's Seedling'
: (that was a very irritating way of posting a picture by the way! am
still
: trying to eradicate adverts)
:
: --
: Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
: http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
: Holders of National Plant Collection of Clematis viticella (cvs)
:
Adverts?! never had such trouble here, thanks for the name

I tried to see teh picture and I got hit by a wall of flashing windows and
advertisements and windows that would not close when you thought you clicked
them closed because they are disguised ..... these sites are a pain. I
never found the picture in among all the shite. Abutilons are nice mind
you.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Des Higgins
writes

"Robert" wrote in message

: It is an Abutilon, the variety is 'Hinton's Seedling'
: (that was a very irritating way of posting a picture by the way! am
still
: trying to eradicate adverts)
:
: --
: Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
: http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
: Holders of National Plant Collection of Clematis viticella (cvs)
:
Adverts?! never had such trouble here, thanks for the name

I tried to see teh picture and I got hit by a wall of flashing windows and
advertisements and windows that would not close when you thought you clicked
them closed because they are disguised ..... these sites are a pain. I
never found the picture in among all the shite. Abutilons are nice mind
you.

If you have JavaScript disabled, or a popup blocker enabled, in your
browser, then the worse excesses of such sites are avoided. A comment in
the web page describes some of the JavaScript as PopUnder code.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 06-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

It is an Abutilon, the variety is 'Hinton's Seedling'
(that was a very irritating way of posting a picture by the way! am still
trying to eradicate adverts)

Use Firefox as your browser - it kills all those - AdAware ought to
clean your HD of them.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Robert

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
: Rusty wrote:
:
: Use Firefox as your browser - it kills all those - AdAware ought to
: clean your HD of them.
:
: I have to agree. I dislike MSIE intensely and have never used it on
: my home computers. For many years I used Netscape, but when it was
: bought out by AOL it became increasingly glitchy and irksome to use.
: I switched to Firefox a good while ago and its a joy to use giving me
: much greater control. Pop-ups are a thing of the past, but as with
: any other browser the occasional worm can slip in. Firefox can't
: handle every single web page, but my view is that a site that hasn't
: been validated with all of the browsers, is probably not worth looking
: at. Adaware is good and very useful for tracking down those annoying
: little packets of rubbish that manage to get through.
:
:
: Dave Poole
: Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
: Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
: Growing season: March - November

I use Maxthon Browser, it has automatic RSS reading as well

Old 07-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Dave Poole contains these words:
Rusty wrote:

Use Firefox as your browser - it kills all those - AdAware ought to
clean your HD of them.

I have to agree. I dislike MSIE intensely and have never used it on
my home computers. For many years I used Netscape, but when it was
bought out by AOL it became increasingly glitchy and irksome to use.
I switched to Firefox a good while ago and its a joy to use giving me
much greater control. Pop-ups are a thing of the past, but as with
any other browser the occasional worm can slip in.

I've got SpyWareBlaster to keep tabs on those. So far, touch wood, I've
never downloaded an malware or adware with Firefox. When pop-ups were
fairly new I downloaded one of those with Netscape 4, but I can't
remember how I got rid of it. Probably a three-fingered salute to find
what it was, and a search of the drives.

I run AdAware, Spybot S&D, CWSShredder from time to time, but they've
never found anything I've downloaded - just holes in IE (which I never
use, anyway), and one in Opera. I've uninstalled Outlurk Depress and
Outpuke.

Firefox can't
handle every single web page, but my view is that a site that hasn't
been validated with all of the browsers, is probably not worth looking
at. Adaware is good and very useful for tracking down those annoying
little packets of rubbish that manage to get through.

Which ones? I didn't see one - and I had a look round this morning.
Three quarters of an hour wasted (FSVO wasted) downloading updates and
scanning.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Help with plant identification. EdinburghFifer Gardening 4 04-04-2009 04:58 PM
Another Plant identification Paul Plant Biology 5 28-03-2003 03:44 PM
On-line identification Julian Roses 2 15-03-2003 11:44 PM
Help with identification! Claude Orchids 2 05-02-2003 11:07 PM
Wildflower Identification Needed Inyo Gardening 3 29-01-2003 08:01 PM