Old 06-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Harold Walker

Default Off topic

Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Old 06-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Geoff

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

As the saying sort of was (for the long in the tooth), "Sad as we are at
your predicament Jaques, we're doing very nicely"!

Geoff

Old 06-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Alan Holmes

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Well I'm sorry that france didn't get it!

Old 06-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Harold Walker

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Well I'm sorry that france didn't get it!

Why would that be Alan...I thought every Englishman would be as happy as a
clam in the sea.........

Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Draven

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Who's paying for all the work that needs to be done to host it?
Will it be the tax payer?

Old 06-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Jaques

The message
from "Geoff" contains these words:
"Harold Walker" wrote in message

Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

As the saying sort of was (for the long in the tooth), "Sad as we are at
your predicament Jaques, we're doing very nicely"!

Mon Dieu! You are ver welcome to your 'aggis and your sweat puddeeengs
wiz syrup, your ros'bif and soggy cabbarge.

I shall not enter ze games. Pouf! I weel stay at 'ome and eat snails.

--
J.C.
De L'avènement second
Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Harold Walker

"Draven" wrote in message
. uk...

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Who's paying for all the work that needs to be done to host it?
Will it be the tax payer?

...........and whose pockets will be filled?

Old 06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Mike

..........and whose pockets will be filled?

certainly not the likes of us

Old 06-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Geoff

"Jaques" wrote in message
Mon Dieu! You are ver welcome to your 'aggis and your sweat puddeeengs
wiz syrup, your ros'bif and soggy cabbarge.

I shall not enter ze games. Pouf! I weel stay at 'ome and eat snails.

It must be roast beef with onion gravy though!

Please come to my garden, I have plenty of snails for you to eat!!

Old 06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Harold Walker

"Mike" wrote in message

..........and whose pockets will be filled?

certainly not the likes of us

Maybe the likes of Blair and his cronies????????????//

Old 06-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Gary Woods

"Harold Walker" wrote:

Maybe the likes of Blair and his cronies????????????//

Many of us in (New) York are delighted at the choice, since it's a
guaranteed money loser for the hosts.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:16 AM
BAC

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Well I'm sorry that france didn't get it!

Why would that be Alan...I thought every Englishman would be as happy as a
clam in the sea.........

Alan is not alone in regretting the British 'success'. Recent Olympics have
proved to be an expensive burden for the host nation's taxpayers, far from
the pot of gold most people appear to think it is. The French would have
been welcome to it, IMO. And Paris isn't that far from Londres, when all's
said and done, mon ami ...

Old 07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Harold Walker

"BAC" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Well I'm sorry that france didn't get it!

Why would that be Alan...I thought every Englishman would be as happy as
clam in the sea.........

Alan is not alone in regretting the British 'success'. Recent Olympics
have
proved to be an expensive burden for the host nation's taxpayers, far from
the pot of gold most people appear to think it is. The French would have
been welcome to it, IMO. And Paris isn't that far from Londres, when all's
said and done, mon ami ...

I now admit the main reason for posing my 'statement'...to get a little bit
of a feel of 'the people' as compared to the bulls*** one hears on the
telly...thank y'all....H

Old 07-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

Alan is not alone in regretting the British 'success'. Recent Olympics have
proved to be an expensive burden for the host nation's taxpayers, far from
the pot of gold most people appear to think it is. The French would have
been welcome to it, IMO. And Paris isn't that far from Londres, when all's
said and done, mon ami ...

One would feel so much more optimistic, if the millennium dome hadn't
been such an expensive failure :-(

Janet
Old 08-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Alan Holmes

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Draven" wrote in message
. uk...

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Congratulations to London and all involved in the 2012 Olympic Games
chase..........H

Who's paying for all the work that needs to be done to host it?
Will it be the tax payer?

..........and whose pockets will be filled?

Not mine that's for certain!

Alan