Old 10-07-2005, 08:16 PM
foryou

Default Kilmarnock tree

What appears to be yellow/orange eggs have been laid underneath the leaves
on my Kilmarnock tree. Any idea what insect has caused them and what the
cure is. Many of the leaves now have holes in.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:43 PM
ned

"foryou" wrote in message
What appears to be yellow/orange eggs have been laid underneath the

leaves
on my Kilmarnock tree. Any idea what insect has caused them and what

the
cure is. Many of the leaves now have holes in.

Could be gall wasps? Or could be sawfly caterpillars?
I have both on my Salix caprea, Kilmarnock willow.
Cure? Do you need one? Is it so serious an attack as to warrant
defensive action?
A sawfly attack will defoliate some leaves but there are usually
enough leaves on the tree to sacrifice some to Nature.
Have a look at
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/sawflies.html#NemCap
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/galls.html#SalCap
Any help?