Old 17-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Matt Durkin

Default Weak Passion Flower

Hi All,
I have a passion flower groing in a largish tub outside. This year it looks
a bit yellow rather than the more usual dark green.
It is still flowering quiet well, but I'm wondering what might be causing
it. The leaves amd flowers are on the small side as well.
It hasn't been allowed to dry out, but I'm wondering if it's running out of
nutrients in the soil.
Are there diseases that could cause this effect?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

Old 19-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Matt Durkin

"Matt Durkin" wrote in message
Hi All,
I have a passion flower groing in a largish tub outside. This year it
looks a bit yellow rather than the more usual dark green.
It is still flowering quiet well, but I'm wondering what might be causing
it. The leaves amd flowers are on the small side as well.
It hasn't been allowed to dry out, but I'm wondering if it's running out
of nutrients in the soil.
Are there diseases that could cause this effect?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

Anyone? Looking more carefully my leaves are really really dwarfed compared
with other blue passion flower plants in the area.

Old 19-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Sacha

On 19/7/05 22:04, in article , "Matt
Durkin" wrote:

"Matt Durkin" wrote in message
Hi All,
I have a passion flower groing in a largish tub outside. This year it
looks a bit yellow rather than the more usual dark green.
It is still flowering quiet well, but I'm wondering what might be causing
it. The leaves amd flowers are on the small side as well.
It hasn't been allowed to dry out, but I'm wondering if it's running out
of nutrients in the soil.
Are there diseases that could cause this effect?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

Anyone? Looking more carefully my leaves are really really dwarfed compared
with other blue passion flower plants in the area.

Have a look at this - lots of useful info:
http://www.easyfruit.co.uk/passiflora/
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Matt Durkin" wrote in message
"Matt Durkin" wrote in message
Hi All,
I have a passion flower groing in a largish tub outside. This year it
looks a bit yellow rather than the more usual dark green.
It is still flowering quiet well, but I'm wondering what might be

causing
it. The leaves amd flowers are on the small side as well.
It hasn't been allowed to dry out, but I'm wondering if it's running out
of nutrients in the soil.
Are there diseases that could cause this effect?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

Anyone? Looking more carefully my leaves are really really dwarfed

compared
with other blue passion flower plants in the area.

Passiflora are gross feeders and can run out of food in pots quite quickly.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 20-07-2005, 10:05 PM
WRabbit

Matt Durkin wrote:
Hi All,
I have a passion flower groing in a largish tub outside. This year it
looks a bit yellow rather than the more usual dark green.
It is still flowering quiet well, but I'm wondering what might be
causing it. The leaves amd flowers are on the small side as well.
It hasn't been allowed to dry out, but I'm wondering if it's running
out of nutrients in the soil.
Are there diseases that could cause this effect?

Whilst we're talking passion flowers, what is causing the buds to drop on
mine? It's a young plant - just planted this spring and has only produced 3
buds. One has opened and is beautiful, however the other two have just
dropped off.

There's no obvious sign of insect damage - could it be over/under
feeding/watering?