Old 21-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Sue

Default Plant ID from GW magazine

If anyone's got the August Gardeners' World magazine handy, can you tell me
what one of the plants is in the pic of Beth Chatto's gravel garden on p34?
It's the one with whorls of pinky-purple, almost dead-nettle looking
flowers (to me anyway) on upright stems - the one beind the orange lilies.

Thanks.

--
Sue

Old 21-07-2005, 04:05 PM
keith ;-\)

"Sue" wrote in message
eenews.net...
If anyone's got the August Gardeners' World magazine handy, can you tell

me
what one of the plants is in the pic of Beth Chatto's gravel garden on

p34?
It's the one with whorls of pinky-purple, almost dead-nettle looking
flowers (to me anyway) on upright stems - the one beind the orange lilies.

Thanks.

--
Sue

it looks like Monarda,check the link.

http://pss.uvm.edu/pss123/permonar.html
Thanks Keith

Old 22-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Sue

"keith ;-)" wrote
it looks like Monarda,check the link.

http://pss.uvm.edu/pss123/permonar.html

Thanks for the suggestion.

Still not sure. Do monarda flowers go all the way up the stems in stages
with gaps like that though? I thought they had flower heads at the tips.

Old 22-07-2005, 05:44 PM
keith ;-\)

"Sue" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"keith ;-)" wrote
it looks like Monarda,check the link.

http://pss.uvm.edu/pss123/permonar.html

Thanks for the suggestion.

Still not sure. Do monarda flowers go all the way up the stems in stages
with gaps like that though? I thought they had flower heads at the tips.

I think so Sue,check this link.
Cheers Keith
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Monarda&hl=en

Old 22-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Martin Sykes

"Sue" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"keith ;-)" wrote
it looks like Monarda,check the link.

http://pss.uvm.edu/pss123/permonar.html

Thanks for the suggestion.

Still not sure. Do monarda flowers go all the way up the stems in stages
with gaps like that though? I thought they had flower heads at the tips.

If you have the patience, this site has a gallery of all the plants
including the gravel garden. It's alphabetical though so a pain to wade
through...

http://www.bethchatto.co.uk/Gallery.html

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 23-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Sue

"Martin Sykes" wrote
If you have the patience, this site has a gallery of all the plants
including the gravel garden. It's alphabetical though so a pain to wade
through...

http://www.bethchatto.co.uk/Gallery.html

Wonderful! That will be a very useful resource quite apart from this
query.

Thanks Martin.

--
Sue

Old 23-07-2005, 09:35 AM
keith ;-\)

"Sue" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Martin Sykes" wrote
If you have the patience, this site has a gallery of all the plants
including the gravel garden. It's alphabetical though so a pain to wade
through...

http://www.bethchatto.co.uk/Gallery.html

Wonderful! That will be a very useful resource quite apart from this
query.

Thanks Martin.

--
Sue

Thought the same,they even have a plant shop with loads of choice &

reasonable prices.

Keith