Old 23-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Broadback

Default Problems with uk.rec.gardening

Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is it
only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I can
start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
TIA
--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.
Old 23-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Phil L

Broadback wrote:
:: Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is it
:: only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I can
:: start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
:: TIA

No i's a sporge attack, just highlight the first message down from this one
and hold your finger on the delete key on your keyboard, with the other hand
click yes on the 'do you want to delete this message?', I've just deleted
the lot in abut 4.6 seconds, maybe 5.

:-p

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 23-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Pb

I'm not a regular here (first posting was a few days ago) but I'm certainly
not seeing anything untoward. I have a killfile set up for the usual dregs
(particularly the anagramatically-named Phil Kyle) so probably explains why
I don't see them. If you're using Outlook highlight the message and select
Message ¦ Block Sender to set it up.

Paul
--
Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //
PaulsPages and galleries are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

Old 23-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Alan Holmes

"Broadback" wrote in message
Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is it
only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I can
start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
TIA

I've suffered the same, sent a few abuse reports, whether anthing will be
done about it is anybodies guess.

Old 23-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Tumbleweed

"Broadback" wrote in message
Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is it
only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I can
start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.

nothing here (news.individual.net)

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 23-07-2005, 09:24 PM
BoyPete

Tumbleweed wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or
is it only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so
that I can start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.

nothing here (news.individual.net)

Likewise..........they sort the cr*p out for us. Not bad for £7 a year
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 23-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Broadback
writes
Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is
it only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I
can start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
TIA

It's a mailbombing attack on the group. The source appears to be in Hong
Kong.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 23-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Draven

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Broadback
writes
Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is it
only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I can
start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
TIA

No, it's not your newsreader, it's the usual juvenilia. Someone
somewhere has said something sensible which has upset one of our fringe
posters who has responded in the interests of 'free speech'.

--
Kay

Yeah! Someone got ****ed because you told them not to top post probably!

Old 24-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Kay

In article , Draven
writes

Yeah! Someone got ****ed because you told them not to top post probably!

It seems a general rule that the people who are most hostile to
comforting to the conventions of the ng are those who have least to say
about the topic of the ng.
--
Kay

Old 24-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Broadback

BoyPete wrote:

Tumbleweed wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or
is it only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so
that I can start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.

nothing here (news.individual.net)

Likewise..........they sort the cr*p out for us. Not bad for £7 a year

Lucky Tumbleweed and BoyPete, I use news.individual.net, and am getting
the darned stuff. :-(

Old 24-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Draven

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Draven
writes

Yeah! Someone got ****ed because you told them not to top post probably!

It seems a general rule that the people who are most hostile to
comforting to the conventions of the ng are those who have least to say
about the topic of the ng.
--
Kay

Has anyone called you a Control Freak?

Old 24-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Kay
writes
In article , Broadback
writes
Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is it
only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I can
start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
TIA

No, it's not your newsreader, it's the usual juvenilia. Someone
somewhere has said something sensible which has upset one of our fringe
posters who has responded in the interests of 'free speech'.

I emailed the OP Kay as they are now probably not wanting to go online!

Can we not find out where these posts come from and kill the author
(metaphorically speaking as I know your gentle sensibilities )

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 24-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Phil L
writes
Broadback wrote:
:: Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is it
:: only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I can
:: start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
:: TIA

No i's a sporge attack, just highlight the first message down from this one
and hold your finger on the delete key on your keyboard, with the other hand
click yes on the 'do you want to delete this message?', I've just deleted
the lot in abut 4.6 seconds, maybe 5.

:-p

But there were three messages within those messages posted by genuine
gardeners Phil! I noticed them and deselected the ir question, one was
about a 'Tiller' I believe.

Janet

Old 24-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
In message , Broadback
writes
Is anyone else getting loads of absolute rubbish postings here, or is
it only me? I would appreciate if someone could let me know so that I
can start looking into my news reader if I am alone in this.
TIA

It's a mailbombing attack on the group. The source appears to be in
Hong Kong.

Or someone in the UK using a HK server.