Old 24-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Mike

Suggestion. Regular posters use a subject line containing "URG:" as I
have done here.

There's nothing to stop trolls and pests doing the same.

Janet

What a good idea of yours telling them what to do.

:-((

Barrowcloth, engage your brain cell BEFORE posting your stupid ideas.

Old 24-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Dave Milne

Hi,

I'm new here, and sadly know little about gardening. I've worked out
what most of the plants in my garden are, but am totally stumped on this one
http://milne.info/greenbank/2005%20F.../DSCN2570.html. Although
I've looked various books up, I can't identify it. The top cluster turned a
bright rape-seed yellow. Can anyone help ?

Dave

Old 24-07-2005, 05:37 PM
ned

"Dave Milne" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi,

I'm new here, and sadly know little about gardening. I've worked

out
what most of the plants in my garden are, but am totally stumped on

this one
http://milne.info/greenbank/2005%20F.../DSCN2570.html.

Although
I've looked various books up, I can't identify it. The top cluster

turned a
bright rape-seed yellow. Can anyone help ?

Mullein, with Goats beard on the right.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 12.07.2005

Old 24-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Dave Milne

Hurrah. It seems it does well in dry sandy soil, which is definitely NOT
what I have (I live in Scotland).
It is all by itself, no obvious examples in the surrounding gardens either.

Thanks muchly, not knowing was beginning to frustrate me !
Dave

--
Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old 24-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Mike wrote:

Suggestion. Regular posters use a subject line containing "URG:" as I
have done here.

There's nothing to stop trolls and pests doing the same.

What a good idea of yours telling them what to do.

:-((

Barrowcloth, engage your brain cell BEFORE posting your stupid ideas.

Monkey see - monkey do. Even trolls are capable of copying the
actions of human beings.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Mike

There's nothing to stop trolls and pests doing the same.

What a good idea of yours telling them what to do.

:-((

Barrowcloth, engage your brain cell BEFORE posting your stupid ideas.

Monkey see - monkey do. Even trolls are capable of copying the
actions of human beings.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

As an 'owner' I would have thought that Barrowcloth would have acted with
more responsibility. On second thoughts, maybe not :-((

Old 24-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Suggestion. Regular posters use a subject line containing "URG:" as I
have done here.

There's nothing to stop trolls and pests doing the same.

Janet

What a good idea of yours telling them what to do.

:-((

Barrowcloth, engage your brain cell BEFORE posting your stupid ideas.

Oh, you back again, shit-stirring?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 24-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Monkey see - monkey do. Even trolls are capable of copying the
actions of human beings.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

As an 'owner' I would have thought that Barrowcloth would have acted with
more responsibility. On second thoughts, maybe not :-((

Oh, I thought you had taken over the ownership of this group...

Old 26-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Scott L. Hadley" contains these words:

Hello Janet!

This is one of my periodic checks into usenet groups. Rather discouraging
all 'round, I must say.

Hello yourself. Don't give up. Sooner or later, the weevils will bore
themselves to death and turn into compost.

How was the spring in Scotland? It was rainer in Maine even than 1983, (my
former standard against which I judged rainy springs) I'm reluctant to
pronouce on the summer yet---

Spring? You had Spring? :-)

West Scotland had a mild damp winter almost up until July, which has
been warm sunny and dry. Everything in the garden just sat there
sulking for two months and was very late getting started. I reckon my
beans should fruit round about late August, and the sweetcorn in time
for Christmas. Herbaceous flowering stuff is all looking wonderful
though.

Janet.
Old 26-07-2005, 06:42 PM
John

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:37:00 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "Scott L. Hadley" contains these words:

Hello Janet!

This is one of my periodic checks into usenet groups. Rather discouraging
all 'round, I must say.

Hello yourself. Don't give up. Sooner or later, the weevils will bore
themselves to death and turn into compost.

Please shove this boring crap and take your friend and yourself
somewhere the sun don't shine.

Old 26-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

West Scotland had a mild damp winter almost up until July, which has
been warm sunny and dry. Everything in the garden just sat there
sulking for two months and was very late getting started. I reckon my
beans should fruit round about late August, and the sweetcorn in time
for Christmas. Herbaceous flowering stuff is all looking wonderful
though.

I've had the first beans from mine...

Old 26-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Scott L. Hadley" contains these words:

This is one of my periodic checks into usenet groups. Rather discouraging
all 'round, I must say.

Hello yourself. Don't give up. Sooner or later, the weevils will bore
themselves to death and turn into compost.

All of them, rather than just their brains? I look forward to that.

How was the spring in Scotland? It was rainer in Maine even than 1983, (my
former standard against which I judged rainy springs) I'm reluctant to
pronouce on the summer yet---

Spring? You had Spring? :-)

Quite :-(

West Scotland had a mild damp winter almost up until July, which has
been warm sunny and dry. Everything in the garden just sat there
sulking for two months and was very late getting started. I reckon my
beans should fruit round about late August, and the sweetcorn in time
for Christmas. Herbaceous flowering stuff is all looking wonderful
though.

Very similar here. My broad beans are a complete disaster. The
earlies didn't set, and the current ones overripened before they
swelled _ I am wondering whether to leave them to ripen properly.
I planted a very late lot, as an experiment, and the weather went
back to winter, so they mostly rotted.

My sweetcorn may be OK, provided that we see the sun again before
2006, which is not looking likely at present.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.