Old 18-07-2007, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Half Price Time

It's that time of the year folks. My nursery is selling vegetable garden
plants at half price. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Got me a nice
habanero in a 4" pot for $1.25. Not bad for over priced Sonoma County.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 18-07-2007, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
It's that time of the year folks. My nursery is selling vegetable garden
plants at half price. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Got me a nice
habanero in a 4" pot for $1.25. Not bad for over priced Sonoma County.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Even Home Despot has some nice deals. Here, someone made a horrible mistake
and actually took good care of some of the plants. They've probably been
fired.

Old 18-07-2007, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
It's that time of the year folks. My nursery is selling vegetable garden
plants at half price. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Got me a nice
habanero in a 4" pot for $1.25. Not bad for over priced Sonoma County.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Even Home Despot has some nice deals. Here, someone made a horrible mistake
and actually took good care of some of the plants. They've probably been
fired.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Old 18-07-2007, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
It's that time of the year folks. My nursery is selling vegetable garden
plants at half price. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Got me a nice
habanero in a 4" pot for $1.25. Not bad for over priced Sonoma County.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Even Home Despot has some nice deals. Here, someone made a horrible mistake
and actually took good care of some of the plants. They've probably been
fired.

No good deed goes unpunished.

same at the local tractor supply today........had some garden wagons
marked down to 19.95, when the regular price was $59 plus (someone's
probably gonna get in trouble for that one too) along with some good
looking plants.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
It's that time of the year folks. My nursery is selling vegetable garden
plants at half price. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Got me a nice
habanero in a 4" pot for $1.25. Not bad for over priced Sonoma County.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Even Home Despot has some nice deals. Here, someone made a horrible
mistake
and actually took good care of some of the plants. They've probably been
fired.

No good deed goes unpunished.

same at the local tractor supply today........had some garden wagons
marked down to 19.95, when the regular price was $59 plus (someone's
probably gonna get in trouble for that one too) along with some good
looking plants.

Gee, I hope you bought a wagon or two!

Our local nurseries are pretty much sold out. They're all
mom & pop businesses. We'd have to drive 100 miles to find
a big box store.

Jan

Old 19-07-2007, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Jan Flora wrote:
In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
[...]

you better believe it! i bought one and wyatt has decided it's *his*
wagon to haul his toys in........

Old 19-07-2007, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
[...]

I have SO got to get down to "It's About Thyme" in Austin.P'raps this
weekend as I'm hitting the Saxet show starting at 9 am.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 19-07-2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Jul 18, 5:28?pm, rachael simpson
wrote:
Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
It's that time of the year folks. My nursery is selling vegetable garden
plants at half price. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Got me a nice
habanero in a 4" pot for $1.25. Not bad for over priced Sonoma County.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Even Home Despot has some nice deals. Here, someone made a horrible mistake
and actually took good care of some of the plants. They've probably been
fired.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Why firing... it's smart to discount plants that will probably die if
not purchased... likely there's not enough growing season remaining to
produce peppers anyway.

same at the local tractor supply today........had some garden wagons
marked down to 19.95, when the regular price was $59 plus (someone's
probably gonna get in trouble for that one too)

I don't think discounted wagons are in the same catagory as discounted
late season annuals... the plants will bring zero revenue if unsold...
the wagon can be offered for sale next year, but $19.95 is probalby
all it's worth anyway and still some profit, the $59 was way inflated,
as are all seasonal goods at the onset of the season. There are lots
of deep discounts on summer goods in every catagory now; grills and
lawn mowers gotta go to make room for snow blowers. It won't be much
longer and all live nursery plants will be deeply discounted.
Perennials, shrubs, and trees can be heeled in over winter but not
annuals.

Old 19-07-2007, 07:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

"Sheldon" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 18, 5:28?pm, rachael simpson
wrote:
Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
It's that time of the year folks. My nursery is selling vegetable
garden
plants at half price. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Got me a
nice
habanero in a 4" pot for $1.25. Not bad for over priced Sonoma
County.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Even Home Despot has some nice deals. Here, someone made a horrible
mistake
and actually took good care of some of the plants. They've probably
been
fired.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Why firing... it's smart to discount plants that will probably die if
not purchased... likely there's not enough growing season remaining to
produce peppers anyway.

Fired for breaking with the Home Despot tradition of mistreating plants.
Most of their plants look awful right now, except for a few which seem to
have been overlooked for abuse.

Rochester's interesting. I'm in a narrow area along Lake Ontario, whose
planting season is about as long as in seaside NJ, CT and Long Island. I was
picking peppers in early November last year. 30 minutes south of here, they
get frost a month earlier and a month later. Probably more like your area.

Old 19-07-2007, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Sheldon wrote:

I don't think discounted wagons are in the same catagory as discounted
late season annuals... the plants will bring zero revenue if unsold...
the wagon can be offered for sale next year, but $19.95 is probalby
all it's worth anyway and still some profit, the $59 was way inflated,
as are all seasonal goods at the onset of the season. There are lots
of deep discounts on summer goods in every catagory now; grills and
lawn mowers gotta go to make room for snow blowers. It won't be much
longer and all live nursery plants will be deeply discounted.
Perennials, shrubs, and trees can be heeled in over winter but not
annuals.

this is the type of garden wagon I was talking about:

http://tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?...30680&zz=28382

Old 19-07-2007, 08:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article . com,
Sheldon wrote:

likely there's not enough growing season remaining to
produce peppers anyway.

Habanero is 8" to 10" tall. It is mid July and we often have heat in
October. No rain usually until Nov. For a buck twenty-five, I'll risk it.
Old 19-07-2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
clc clc is offline

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:

I don't think discounted wagons are in the same catagory as discounted
late season annuals... the plants will bring zero revenue if unsold...
the wagon can be offered for sale next year, but $19.95 is probalby
all it's worth anyway and still some profit, the $59 was way inflated,
as are all seasonal goods at the onset of the season. There are lots
of deep discounts on summer goods in every catagory now; grills and
lawn mowers gotta go to make room for snow blowers. It won't be much
longer and all live nursery plants will be deeply discounted.
Perennials, shrubs, and trees can be heeled in over winter but not
annuals.

this is the type of garden wagon I was talking about:

http://tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?...=1&produ ctID

Looks like a heck of a good deal to me! I wouldn't have passed it up!

Cheryl

Old 19-07-2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Sheldon wrote:

I don't think discounted wagons are in the same catagory as discounted
late season annuals... the plants will bring zero revenue if unsold...
the wagon can be offered for sale next year, but $19.95 is probalby
all it's worth anyway and still some profit, the $59 was way inflated,
as are all seasonal goods at the onset of the season. There are lots
of deep discounts on summer goods in every catagory now; grills and
lawn mowers gotta go to make room for snow blowers. It won't be much
longer and all live nursery plants will be deeply discounted.
Perennials, shrubs, and trees can be heeled in over winter but not
annuals.

this is the type of garden wagon I was talking about:

http://tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?...=1&produ ctID

Looks like a heck of a good deal to me! I wouldn't have passed it up!

Cheryl

That's what I thought.........I'll find some uses for it yet!
Old 19-07-2007, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

http://tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?...age=1&produ c
tID

Looks like a heck of a good deal to me! I wouldn't have passed it up!

Cheryl

That's what I thought.........I'll find some uses for it yet!

Can I borrow it to drag my son to his doctor appointments. He broke his leg,
has had surgery on it and at 15 and 6 feet tall, I can't pick him up any
more!

Cheryl

Old 19-07-2007, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
*snip*

Can I borrow it to drag my son to his doctor appointments. He broke his leg,
has had surgery on it and at 15 and 6 feet tall, I can't pick him up any
more!

Cheryl

sounds like you could use it! hope the doctor's office is close by
then, that still might be some work by the time you get there if it's
far......

hope the legs heals quickly,

rae
who has to make a 45 min trip to get quality health care........