Leaky miracle-gro feeder

Old 08-06-2005, 11:35 AM
John

Default Leaky miracle-gro feeder

When I connect up the miracle-gro feeder and turn on the water supply,
water pours out of the handle and when I press the trigger, very
little appears at the business end whilst there continues to be a
flood from the handle. I've opened up the structure and can see
nothing obvious that is out of place.

I returned the feeder to the store and got a replacement - it does
exactly the same thing.

Anyone else seen this?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
John

John wrote:

I've worked out what was wrong.

If you turn on the hose very carefully, the big leak occurs. If you
give it full blast, it's fine. After that you can reduce the flow and
all it watertight.

Suggests a sticky valve of some sort in the new product.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , John
writes
John wrote:

I've worked out what was wrong.

If you turn on the hose very carefully, the big leak occurs. If you
give it full blast, it's fine. After that you can reduce the flow and
all it watertight.

Suggests a sticky valve of some sort in the new product.

Your lucky then, I can only use mine if I tilt it downwards. If I hold
it straight the water sort of dribble out rather than sprays and
there's a lot going down my arm! Not sure if this is a general fault
with the feeder thing or just my luck.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 23-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Roger Burrows

We have had this problem with two of these feeders now.

On returning the first a lady came up to me to say that she was having the
same problem.

Today on returning the second at a major DIY chain we were told by the
assistants that lots of people were bringing them back

Interestingly the second feeder had a sticker on it giving instructions
which are close to how John got his to work - but there was also a get out
clause by Miracle_gro saying that if water pressure is not high enough it
will leak!!! - What do they expect in the summer when everyone is watering
their garden

So it seems to be a design fault to me - suggest we all complain to
Miracle-Gro and perhaps they might improve the design

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Old 24-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Location: Lancashire
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
When I connect up the miracle-gro feeder and turn on the water supply,
water pours out of the handle and when I press the trigger, very
little appears at the business end whilst there continues to be a
flood from the handle. I've opened up the structure and can see
nothing obvious that is out of place.

I returned the feeder to the store and got a replacement - it does
exactly the same thing.

Anyone else seen this?
It's not only me then! I thought I was doing something wrong but the same thing happens when I try to use my Dad's feeder too. I will try turning it on full blast next time but its raining at the moment, if not I will resort back to the watering cans!!
Old 24-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Sue

Try filling the feeder with water before attaching to hose, slight sprasy
back when you first turn the hose on but then it seems to settle down.

Sue

Old 26-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Ang Ang is offline

Originally Posted by Sue

John Wrote:
When I connect up the miracle-gro feeder and turn on the water supply,
water pours out of the handle and when I press the trigger, very
little appears at the business end whilst there continues to be a
flood from the handle. I've opened up the structure and can see
nothing obvious that is out of place.

I returned the feeder to the store and got a replacement - it does
exactly the same thing.

Anyone else seen this?

It's not only me then! I thought I was doing something wrong but the
same thing happens when I try to use my Dad's feeder too. I will try
turning it on full blast next time but its raining at the moment, if
not I will resort back to the watering cans!!

--
Lorraine_6865

Mine also leaked badly which I thought at first was due to low pressure ( as warned on the packet).Turned up the tap so far that the pressure was enough to blow the hose off the end yet the damn thing still leaked
After the fourth soaking..I gave up and the item is now in small pieces across the patio!
Old 30-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Ang
writes

Mine also leaked badly which I thought at first was due to low pressure
( as warned on the packet).Turned up the tap so far that the pressure
was enough to blow the hose off the end yet the damn thing still
leaked
After the fourth soaking..I gave up and the item is now in small pieces
across the patio!

--
Ang

Mine dribbled down my hand when held at right angles but was an
acceptable spray if you held the nozzle downwards.However then, you get
far too much solution into the spray.
How about we all right to Miracle gro en masse and complain? Or maybe
write to one of the leading magazines to publicise the fact ?

Anyone want to try mine? Will post