Old 21-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Jen

Default Pressure Sprayer

Why is it that whenever I get one of those pressure sprayers, they either
don't work when I get it or stop working soon after? It's the actual
pressure valve, it lets the pressure out while I'm actually pumping it.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Old 21-08-2005, 03:01 AM
HC

G'day Jen

Is the 'O' ring seated properly? this is my first thought, although I
do find the cheaper ones always lose some pressure during use, but it
sounds like you are losing all your pressure. Try the 'O' ring and see
how that does?

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 21-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Dwayne

It is in the top of the sprayer pump. The easiest way to check it is to put
a few drops of oil in the top and let the O ring soak it up. Maybe it will
hold pressure then (you may have to do it a couple of times). You are
supposed to do that every year, sometimes twice a year (at least on the
sprayers I buy). The most important thing is to wash the sprayer each time
you finish using it. Rinse it out several times, then put clear water in
them, pump them up and spray clear water through the entire sprayer for
several minutes. Then I turn it up side down and let it dry completely, set
the sprayer pump inside the canister hole, and put it away

Dwayne

Old 21-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Rob & Shel

I'm guessing you mean one of those hand pump sprayer things used for
spraying liquid fertiliser or whatever.

I find the thing that needs most attention with mine is the actual nozzle.
Small grains of junk collect in the reservoir end up clogging the nozzle.
So I unscrew it, blow it out, wash it out, & make sure it's clean as poss.
The vessel collects alot of garden grit etc.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Old 21-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Jen

The part that seems to have trouble, for the second time now, is the part
where you're supposed to let out the pressure when you've finished. But it
seems to let it out by itself while I'm pumping. I just had the last one
exchanged, so the one I've got now is good.

Jen

u...

Old 21-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Jen

I'll keep that in mind, maybe all the rubber parts dry up and need to be
oiled every now and again.

Old 22-08-2005, 07:01 AM
HC

G'day Jen

Good that you've got a good one now.....just check that the pressure
relief valve (the one you described) has been wound down all the way as
mine only has a small amount between leaking air and not. As with
anything like that, don't over-tighten as this might crack the plastic.

As someone else mentioned, don't forget to clean the nozzle because it
will get sand and grit inside, it has an O ring in there too. Vaseline
is good on O rings because some oils react on the plastic/rubber compound.

Hope this helps?
Bronwyn ;-)

Jen wrote:
The part that seems to have trouble, for the second time now, is the part
where you're supposed to let out the pressure when you've finished. But it
seems to let it out by itself while I'm pumping. I just had the last one
exchanged, so the one I've got now is good.

Jen

u...

Old 22-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Dwayne

Lood at the instructions that come with the sprayer. Mine say "put a few
drops of oil in the hole on top".

Dwayne

Old 22-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Dwayne

Look that brand up on the internet and see if you can ask someone at the
manufacturer what you have to do to make their product work. Tell them
someone on your newsgroup told you to ask, and that way they will know
everyone on the newsgroup is watching their reply.

Dwayne

Old 22-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Jen

That sounds good. I'll try that.

"Jen" wrote in message

Why is it that whenever I get one of those pressure sprayers, they
either don't work when I get it or stop working soon after? It's the
actual pressure valve, it lets the pressure out while I'm actually
pumping it.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

solo backpack sprayer--cleaning out inlet screen??? coyotefred Roses 7 20-04-2011 10:06 PM
Best brand of tank sprayer? Ryan Lawns 0 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Best Sprayer for Lawn Renovation? sunslight Lawns 6 23-04-2003 11:56 AM
Attach weed sprayer to Sprinkler System Steve J Gardening 6 14-04-2003 03:08 PM
Best brand of tank sprayer? Ryan Lawns 0 18-02-2003 03:41 PM