Old 14-01-2006, 04:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default Worms escaping from compost bin

John Savage wrote:
Jacko writes:

Wylie Wilde wrote:

Hello Echidna,

Ya we used to throw in Orange peels into the bin- the worms hated that.
Thankfully we have learnt the errors of our ways and stopped that.

Heck, now weve got worms trying to migrate Call the immigration
minister either phill or amanda. Re orange peels tell em Aussie worms
love em and that theyd better get used to the idea of eating em if they
want to live here.

I made it clear from the word go that the biota in my compost bed have
no option with regard to onion and orange peel -- eat it or go back to
where you came from, I told them. They soon sorted out who'd eat what. I
think the worms eat the banana and potato peel, and the onion and orange
peel gets devoured by the bacteria. I haven't figured out exactly who eats
the shredded monthly credit statements, and I really don't care just so
long as they disappear. My electric paper shredder is the best Christmas
present I've ever bought myself!

Damn man Id have given you a place at our Christmas table if I knew
youre all alone. Fancy having to buy your own present. Ah well A'm sure
the worms couldnt stomach the statements. It would be ASIO who eats your
statements, er take your statemnts I can picture itnow, gluing em back
together ,hee hee hee. I reckon theyre trying to work out why theyre
getting paid so little while youre getting paid so much. Now if they
stopped trying to glue pieces of paper together.......