Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Farea Saref

Default Tomato Pruning

My Tomatoes trees develop a huge branches with minimal
flowers, and I want to make pruning, but I am not experienced about this
act, because I may cut branches that may develop fruites later.
Please one tell me how can I do this?!!.
May I find your HELP??
Thanks.
Saref

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Jane VR

Farea Saref wrote:

My Tomatoes trees develop a huge branches with minimal
flowers, and I want to make pruning, but I am not experienced about this
act, because I may cut branches that may develop fruites later.
Please one tell me how can I do this?!!.
May I find your HELP??
Thanks.
Saref

Do you have tomatoes or tree tomatoes (tamarillos)?

Prune tamarillos in spring, as they flower and fruit on new growth.

You don't have to prune tomatoes (I don't, cuz I'm lazy). You get more,
but smaller, fruit if you don't. If you want to, then pinch out the side
branches below the flower clusters. Here's a link about pruning tomatoes:
http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplo...ort/g06460.htm

HTH

Jane

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
ruth

Farea Saref wrote:

My Tomatoes trees develop a huge branches with minimal
flowers, and I want to make pruning, but I am not experienced about this
act, because I may cut branches that may develop fruites later.
Please one tell me how can I do this?!!.
May I find your HELP??
Thanks.
Saref

my cherry sized ones have mostly gone especially where they bore fruit,
but i cut the dead stuff back today to the new growth near the stem but
don't expect more tomatoes now. i started to pinch out the new growth
between the stems this year; but neighbours further down the hill get a
longer crop season, must be something to do with the amount of sun.

--