Old 31-12-2006, 02:38 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Ping Otterbot

Kylie

I meant o put in a link to the Green Harvest sprinklers that I find to
be so good.

Here t'is:
http://www.greenharvest.com.au/tools...kler_prod.html

Old 31-12-2006, 11:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

Farm1 wrote:
Kylie

I meant o put in a link to the Green Harvest sprinklers that I find to
be so good.

Here t'is:
http://www.greenharvest.com.au/tools...kler_prod.html

Hey, that is what we call the Noddy.
Sydney Water sent us one for answering a survey on our tanks.
Great little sprinkler for the tank, you can stick it on and leave it on
four hours and it hardly uses anywater (well almost). 30 minutes seems
to wet 1/2" of soil.

Has some major problems
1) must be absolutely level to work mutter mutter mutter.
2) requires a short hose off the tank (~30'), otherwise it needs a good
height (4'+) in the ground level tank.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Terryc" wrote in message

om.au...
Farm1 wrote:
Kylie

I meant o put in a link to the Green Harvest sprinklers that I

find to
be so good.

Here t'is:
http://www.greenharvest.com.au/tools...kler_prod.html

Hey, that is what we call the Noddy.
Sydney Water sent us one for answering a survey on our tanks.
Great little sprinkler for the tank, you can stick it on and leave

it on
four hours and it hardly uses anywater (well almost). 30 minutes

seems
to wet 1/2" of soil.

Has some major problems
1) must be absolutely level to work mutter mutter mutter.
2) requires a short hose off the tank (~30'), otherwise it needs a

good
height (4'+) in the ground level tank.

"Major" problems? Both these factors are directly related to it's
being a sprinkler specifically designed for low water pressure systems
but I don't consider either of the "problems" you mention to be major
(or minor problems either - it just reflects the design which I
believe works brilliantly).

There are few sprinklers which will work giving more than a dribble on
low pressure so I don't consider either of these things to be a
problem because A) it's easy to get the thing level (use a rock or
twist the hose round - they're so light the hose can turn it off its
base) and
B) Farm/rural low pressure water supply is usually designed to have
more head than you describe - town water tanks are usually not put in
with any consideration of head. These sprinklers are ideal for
rural/farm water supply.

I can use them till my garden tank runs dry and they still give a
decent throw of water.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:05 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

"Terryc" wrote in message

om.au...
Farm1 wrote:
[...]

i was just having a peep at some other sites (as not much info given on that
sales page) - do you get about a one-metre area watered from the sprinkler?
(or more? or less?)
ta!
kylie

Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

I can use them till my garden tank runs dry and they still give a
decent throw of water.

i was just having a peep at some other sites (as not much info given

on that
sales page) - do you get about a one-metre area watered from the

sprinkler?
(or more? or less?)

If the tank is nearly dry, I'll get about a metre and ahalf spread but
if its a full tank and I open the tap full bore, it can throw about an
8-10 ft circle.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:02 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

If the tank is nearly dry, I'll get about a metre and ahalf spread but
if its a full tank and I open the tap full bore, it can throw about an
8-10 ft circle.

hmm,
and just to ask one more idiot question, if you turn the pressure down, will
it make a smaller circle, or just dribble pointlessly?
kylie

Old 04-01-2007, 02:34 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

If the tank is nearly dry, I'll get about a metre and ahalf spread

but
if its a full tank and I open the tap full bore, it can throw

about an
8-10 ft circle.

hmm,
and just to ask one more idiot question, if you turn the pressure

down, will
it make a smaller circle, or just dribble pointlessly?

It will throw water out in a very small circle. BUT, because the
rattling cage on the top is light, it can sometimes get stuck if your
water supply is dirty (which it sometimes can be because our garden
water comes from a dam - small bit of vegetaion can come thgough the
water line) and then it will throw the water in only one direction. I
keep an eye on them as I work round the garden an dusually a quick
shake of the hose sets it to rights again.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:01 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
[...]

hm! excellent.
thanks!
kylie

Old 05-01-2007, 03:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

It will throw water out in a very small circle.

hm! excellent.

That site ref I gave the other day (Green Harvest) also sells the
water spikes - they are good too but if you get some use a 2 litre
fruit juicee container on them rather that a soft drink bottle or a
milk flagon. I cut the bottom out and then leave them in place
permanently - has brought a rose in a tough spot back to full life and
bloom.

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
Ping Otterbot FarmI Australia 5 10-04-2008 11:50 PM
Ping Otterbot FarmI Australia 2 25-06-2007 10:37 AM
Ping Otterbot FarmI Australia 1 05-05-2007 07:42 AM
PING PING Jan -ED Ponds 0 30-06-2006 04:46 PM