Old 31-12-2006, 08:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Spinach Yumm Yumm!

My garden has produced some great spinach the last couple of weeks. So
tender. Tonight we cooked it up starting with some onion and mushroom, fried
in the pan, wild rice/long grain mix (already cooked) and wilted the roughly
chopped spinach and tossed it all together. This went under some fresh fish,
lightly pan fried with herb coating. Yummy! I really like having a veggie
garden. We got $200 of Bunning vouchers so will be heading out there to
investigate some more waterwise products Tuesday.

Liz

Old 02-01-2007, 05:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

Staycalm wrote:
My garden has produced some great spinach the last couple of weeks. So
tender. Tonight we cooked it up starting with some onion and mushroom, fried
in the pan, wild rice/long grain mix (already cooked) and wilted the roughly
chopped spinach and tossed it all together.

Another good recipe for spinach - heat a little olive oil in a pan,
add finely chopped garlic and a few pine nuts and fry until brown
but not burnt. Add roughly chopped spinach and toss until
wilted (put a lid on the pan for a few seconds helps it wilt). Nice
with silverbeet too, which is good because that stuff grows like a
weed and I don't have many recipes for it.

How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach. fitwell Edible Gardening 11 03-06-2004 03:11 AM
Spinach spikes will United Kingdom 14 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
Unbelievable Spinach! clc Edible Gardening 4 15-04-2003 07:56 PM
spinach again Larry Blanchard Edible Gardening 12 28-03-2003 03:20 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM