Old 23-09-2009, 12:26 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Going Green

David Hare-Scott wrote:
atec 7 7" "atec 77 wrote:
As an example of waste air conditioning
we looked at the cost and decided no installing instead an idea I saw
on one of the English programs about house refurbishment
Pumping air through buried pipes results in very cool air for the
cost of burning z very small light bulb and a tiny percentage of a/c
It did involve some trenching and finding some plastic pipe being
still cheaper than just the install labour cost of one split a/c
over all an immensly satisfing outcome at least 4 times a year

Great idea!

( 2 metres down the earth never gets above 5 Deg C) in Brisbane

I find that impossible to believe as the air temperature would hardly
ever or never get below that.

the physics is easy
] now go try it

Otherwise you are telling me there is a BIG heat sink buried under the
city because if the soil is being heated by air at 15-35C from above
that heat would have to go somewhere if the subsoil is at 5C. Sorry the
physics makes no sense. Perhaps it's a typo?

no go try it

David

Old 23-09-2009, 11:39 PM posted to aus.gardens

atec 7 7" "atec 77 wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:
atec 7 7" "atec 77 wrote:
As an example of waste air conditioning
we looked at the cost and decided no installing instead an idea I
saw on one of the English programs about house refurbishment
Pumping air through buried pipes results in very cool air for the
cost of burning z very small light bulb and a tiny percentage of a/c
It did involve some trenching and finding some plastic pipe being
still cheaper than just the install labour cost of one split a/c
over all an immensly satisfing outcome at least 4 times a year

Great idea!

( 2 metres down the earth never gets above 5 Deg C) in Brisbane

I find that impossible to believe as the air temperature would hardly
ever or never get below that.

the physics is easy
] now go try it

I take you are saying this is not a mistake. So please explain the physics.
How can the subsoil be maintained well below the average annual temperature?

David

Old 24-09-2009, 12:16 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:39:54 +1000, David Hare-Scott wrote:

I take you are saying this is not a mistake. So please explain the
physics. How can the subsoil be maintained well below the average annual
temperature?

I think the temp is 15 deg celcius.

and to answer your question; evaporative cooling {:-).
Water moisuture evaporating?
yes, you are allowed to say bullshit

David

Old 24-09-2009, 03:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

terryc wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:39:54 +1000, David Hare-Scott wrote:

I take you are saying this is not a mistake. So please explain the
physics. How can the subsoil be maintained well below the average annual
temperature?

I think the temp is 15 deg celcius.

and to answer your question; evaporative cooling {:-).
Water moisuture evaporating?
yes, you are allowed to say bullshit
David

I just cheked the probe down 3 metres
currently 8c but it was much lower last week
might hit 15 in the summer as its the first season I dont know