Old 21-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Terry Collins

Default Straw as a water filter

I have a problem with tannins from gum leaves in my water feature.

Will straw work?

I understand that straw is used as a filter material in the aquaculture
industry, so I am considering trialling it as a filter material for
tannins.

Hoping that someone might have already done this.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:05 AM
William J. Wolfe

Terry Collins wrote in message ...
I have a problem with tannins from gum leaves in my water feature.

Will straw work?

I understand that straw is used as a filter material in the aquaculture
industry, so I am considering trialling it as a filter material for
tannins.

Hoping that someone might have already done this.

Straw will filter out leaves and other solid particles but it won't
remove dissolved contaminants.