Old 06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Ben Thomas

Default indoor bamboo

Hi all,

I hope it is not inappropriate to post this question here.

I have a small "lucky bamboo" plant on my desk at work and one at home indoors
too. Both are getting brown tips on the leaves. There's plenty of water in the
vases, so could this be a lack of real light or a lack of food? Or something else?

Thanks for any help.

--
Ben Thomas
Melbourne
Old 06-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Mogsy

"Ben Thomas" wrote in message
Hi all,

I hope it is not inappropriate to post this question here.

I have a small "lucky bamboo" plant on my desk at work and one at home

indoors
too. Both are getting brown tips on the leaves. There's plenty of water in

the
vases, so could this be a lack of real light or a lack of food? Or

something else?

Thanks for any help.

--
Ben Thomas
Melbourne
Australia

I have some lucky bamboo at work also, and if it begins to go yellow it may
need some feed, just use a liquid fertiliser like seasol, but you say it is
getting brown tips on the leaves and that is a symptom of a lack of water.
Did the plant dry out at some time if it has been near a window (open or
closed), is it near an air conditioner, maybe you should change the water if
you have not done so before. It doesn't require much light, if any so that
is not the problem.

Hope that helps
Mogsy

Old 07-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Ben Thomas

Mogsy wrote:

I have some lucky bamboo at work also, and if it begins to go yellow it may
need some feed, just use a liquid fertiliser like seasol, but you say it is
getting brown tips on the leaves and that is a symptom of a lack of water.
Did the plant dry out at some time if it has been near a window (open or
closed), is it near an air conditioner, maybe you should change the water if
you have not done so before. It doesn't require much light, if any so that
is not the problem.

Hope that helps

Thanks Mogsy. It got a bit low on water but only half empty. The office is
airconditioned so that may be drying it out a bit I suppose.
Old 18-12-2004, 09:12 PM
George W. Frost

"Ben Thomas" wrote in message
Hi all,

I hope it is not inappropriate to post this question here.

I have a small "lucky bamboo" plant on my desk at work and one at home

indoors
too. Both are getting brown tips on the leaves. There's plenty of water in

the
vases, so could this be a lack of real light or a lack of food? Or

something else?

Thanks for any help.

--
Ben Thomas
Melbourne
Australia

It will be a lack of lighting, if you are living in Melbourne, also you
don't need much water with them
Tropical type plants do not usually go well in Melbourne, look at the
thousands of Frangapannii that are sold in Melbourne every year, only to die
weeks or days later
My sister in Brisbane has got lucky bamboo plants growing in water only and
they thrive in that climate
I tried bamboo with water only, in stones with plenty of water , only to
have them carck it within weeks, then I tried them again, this time in
stones with only a small amount of water out of reach of the roots and they
seem to be surviving

Old 18-12-2004, 09:13 PM
George W. Frost

"Ben Thomas" wrote in message
Hi all,

I hope it is not inappropriate to post this question here.

I have a small "lucky bamboo" plant on my desk at work and one at home

indoors
too. Both are getting brown tips on the leaves. There's plenty of water in

the
vases, so could this be a lack of real light or a lack of food? Or

something else?

Thanks for any help.

--
Ben Thomas
Melbourne
Australia

The term "Lucky Bamboo" is right, it is lucky if you can get them to survive
in Melbourne

Old 21-12-2004, 03:50 AM
Ben Thomas

George W. Frost wrote:

The term "Lucky Bamboo" is right, it is lucky if you can get them to survive
in Melbourne

Hi George,

The one I have at home has lasted 12 months and is going quite well. Its roots
are deep in water and it doesn't get a lot of light - it certainly doesn't get
any direct sunlight.

I'd really love to get palms for the garden, but see so many doing so badly that
I don't think it's worth the risk.

Ben

indoor bamboo mlbasso Bamboo 0 05-08-2003 02:23 PM
Indoor water Bamboo turning yellow? Wayne Bamboo 6 26-04-2003 03:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM
Help - Indoor Bamboo myk Bamboo 2 17-02-2003 10:27 AM
Indoor Bamboo Tumbleweed United Kingdom 12 19-01-2003 09:42 AM