Old 21-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Chookie

Default Witches broomstick

In article ,
Linda wrote:

I wonder if there is anyone out there who can help me identify a
plant, so I can seek further information on it for my Mum.

It seems to be called Witches Broomstick and is an outdoor pot plant
that throws up revolting-looking (to me, Mum loves them) large reddish
flowers out of a thick short stem. These are about a foot tall, with a
"brush" on the end.

I don't recognise it, but I do agree that it's revolting!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.