Old 10-02-2003, 05:55 PM
justnews

Default All bamboo invasive?

NG,

Let's say you decide not to implant a root barrier between the two
properties. Another method of control would be to dig a trench between the
bamboo and the neighbor's property. Wandering rhizomes will be visible as
they try to cross the space and can be removed. Someone might know how deep
and how wide the trench should be. Also, bamboo (except for maybe a couple
of types with rhizomes with air spaces) won't be able to cross standing
water such as a water-filled ditch or trench, or pond... that is, if you
have water to spare. There're other methods of control on the ABS site.

As for the neighbor, keep the bamboo she lopped off, spray paint it green,
and when Spring comes, under cover of night, stick it in the ground all
around her yard.

D.G.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:55 PM
chris

As for the neighbor, keep the bamboo she lopped off, spray paint it green,
and when Spring comes, under cover of night, stick it in the ground all
around her yard.

D.G.

DG

You're BAD!

I like you :-)

Old 11-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Paul E. Lehmann

"chris" wrote in message
As for the neighbor, keep the bamboo she lopped off, spray paint it

green,
and when Spring comes, under cover of night, stick it in the ground all
around her yard.

D.G.

DG

You're BAD!

I like you :-)

Then you will probably like me too. I planted bamboo on CITY property
adjacent to my property because there are some eyesores on that city
property that they (the city) refuses to do anything about. I figure by the
time they figure out what is growing it will be too late and it will have
spread beyond control. Could this be called Bio Terrorism? ha ha. I like
the appearance of Bamboo and can't wait until it gets really tall and
spreads. I planted 5 plants about a year and a half ago and all are growing
well. I think some of it will encroach on a city baseball field next year
or next. The little leagures better watch out when they bend over to pick
up a ball - they may get a shoot up their a..

Old 11-02-2003, 01:25 PM
chris

". I figure by the
time they figure out what is growing it will be too late and it will have
spread beyond control. Could this be called Bio Terrorism? ha ha.

Plant Eucalyptus too...assuming it's warm enough where you are.

I like
the appearance of Bamboo and can't wait until it gets really tall and
spreads. I planted 5 plants about a year and a half ago and all are growing
well. I think some of it will encroach on a city baseball field next year
or next. The little leagures better watch out when they bend over to pick
up a ball - they may get a shoot up their a...

Tsk Tsk, :-)

Old 11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Beecrofter

Don't forget to feed them

Old 17-02-2003, 10:39 PM
ThomasG

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message

Then you will probably like me too. I planted bamboo on CITY property
adjacent to my property because there are some eyesores on that city
property that they (the city) refuses to do anything about. I figure by

the
time they figure out what is growing it will be too late and it will have
spread beyond control. Could this be called Bio Terrorism? ha ha. I like
the appearance of Bamboo and can't wait until it gets really tall and
spreads. I planted 5 plants about a year and a half ago and all are

growing
well. I think some of it will encroach on a city baseball field next year
or next. The little leagures better watch out when they bend over to pick
up a ball - they may get a shoot up their a..

I consider you not a terrorist my friend, no sir. What you are is an
infidel.
An Infidel who does whats right.
Keeping the world green, beautifying the planet, I'm with you sir,
and to prove it I have some photos I will show you soon.
I'm going to do the same thing only with the GoldenPoppy which is our state
flower,
is drought resistant and is better then looking at trash any day of the
week.
Am I a terrorist?
No I want to take pride where I live even if my city does not.
The infidel

Old 02-03-2003, 10:03 AM
justnews

"ThomasG" wrote in message
gy.com...

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message

Then you will probably like me too. I planted bamboo on CITY property
adjacent to my property because there are some eyesores on that city
property that they (the city) refuses to do anything about. I figure by

[snip]

I consider you not a terrorist my friend, no sir. What you are is an
infidel.
An Infidel who does whats right.
Keeping the world green, beautifying the planet, I'm with you sir,
and to prove it I have some photos I will show you soon.
I'm going to do the same thing only with the GoldenPoppy which is our

state
flower,
is drought resistant and is better then looking at trash any day of the
week.
Am I a terrorist?
No I want to take pride where I live even if my city does not.
The infidel

The Golden Poppy, eh? I will carom off topic topic here for just a minute
and say that you can get 16 ounces of Blue Flax seed for $2-to-$3 at your
local health food store. Sick people grind the seed and eat it for the
healthy oils it contains, but its a cheap source of wildflower seed, too.
Maybe we could make a blue flax flower border around our bamboo patches.

BTW, I thought of an alternate name for bamboo: Asparagus Timber.

DG