Old 14-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Fukien Tea - aphid problem

I use the following recipe on any pests that I might encounter in my
indoor tree house. The best offense is not to create the environment
where pests will develop. I use an oscillating fan which keeps the pest
population down to near zero.

Good luck,

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

SOAP solution!

I pour a solution of 1 to 2 tablespoon dishwashing detergent, 1
tablespoon of vegetable oil into a plastic gallon and slowly add
water to fill the gallon jug. I fill this solution from the gallon
bottle into a spray bottle and just before using I add 1 to 2 two caps
full (from the rubbing alcohol bottle) of rubbing alcohol and spray
immediately. If you do not use the full bottle of spray, I
suggest the next time you are going to use the soap/alcohol solution add
the same amount of rubbing alcohol again, since the
alcohol will evaporate. I store this soap/oil solution in the gallon jug
for months on end. It does not seem to go bad.

Spray on plants covering all leaf and stem surfaces. You may have to
spray from three to four times with intervals of three
days. I have eliminated almost any kind of pest that have attacked my
trees, including scale.

I do not wash off the spray and have seen no adverse reaction to the
trees from this mixture.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++