Old 27-06-2003, 03:08 AM

Default [IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Those Bonsai Magazines

Thanks. The book is upstairs.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Attached Files
File Type: (477 Bytes, 68 views)
Old 27-06-2003, 07:22 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Those Bonsai Magazines

Old 27-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Jim Lewis

Jim,
I can just see you standing at the magazine rack in Borders

reading the
magazine and trying to decide to buy it! Why don't you

subscribe to the
magazine instead of counting on getting it at the local store

if they aren't
sold out.? Of course, if so, you will have to put up with that

inferior
issue sometimes.

I do not buy more often than I do buy, Dale.

There are several reasons why magazines ( of any kind) have a

tough go once
in a while. Advertising subscriptions ( and BT certainly

charges well for
that!) and subscription drops. You could really help out BT and

possibly
help it improve it's content by actually supporting it with a

subscription.

Don't they get more per issue at news-stand prices? They should
consider the one magaziine in 3 (or so) that I DO buy as a bonus.
;-)

Another real "magazine killer" is the group ( sounds like your

club here)
that buys a magazine or gets a subscription then passes it

around for
everyone to read!

No. We don't subscribe as a club. I don't think ANYone in our
club subscribes any more. Most take BCI's "Bonsai" and of course
we all get the Fla. Bonsai Journal. Some get ABS. I think I'm
the only one that gets International Bonsai, but I may be wrong.
One of the members subscribes to 2 or 3 Japanese bonsai
magazines.

Personally, I'm down to 2 bonsai magazine subscriptions now . . .
BCI's and International Bonsai. That's enough, with the
occasional purchase of BT when they deal with a tree that I like.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-06-2003, 07:25 PM