Old 23-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Bill V's commemorative booklet

Wow!

I just got my copy of Bill Valavanis' 48-page booklet, "Bonsai,
Past, Present, Futu Commemorating 40 years of Bonsai by
William N. Valavanis.

Great stuff. Great color pictures of more than 40 of Bills best,
along with his commentary on how he did it -- as if most of us
could emulate it. ;-) There also are sequential photos of each
tree's development over the years -- some back to the 1960s.

So here's a little gratis commercial from me, because I think you
all should have one. It's available for $12 (US) from the author
at International Bonsai Arboretum, P.O. Box 23894, Rochester, NY
14692-3894.

If you like the better of the BT galleries (which have NO TEXT
associated with them) you'll love this little tome.

(And maybe Bill will sign yours. ;-)

How I wish I could have gone to NY that first week in Sept. to
see some of these live!

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-09-2003, 01:36 AM
JRA BONSAI

Jim,

It was a great weekend and the trees were spectacular. I've been to more than
20 of Bill's symposia and I have never attended a bad one. It's the bonsai
educational high spot of the year for me every year.

Julian Adams
Adams' Bonsai
Lynchburg, VA

Old 23-09-2003, 03:08 AM
Jay Sinclair

Jim -

Your recommendation is good enough for me. Does the cost include shipping &
handling? I'm ready to order...

Jay

Jim Lewis wrote:

Wow!

I just got my copy of Bill Valavanis' 48-page booklet, "Bonsai,
Past, Present, Futu Commemorating 40 years of Bonsai by
William N. Valavanis.
snipIt's available for $12 (US) from the author at International Bonsai

--
Whenever one comes to close grips with so-called idealism, as in war time, one is
shocked by its rascality.

H. L. Mencken

Old 23-09-2003, 03:08 AM
Jim Lewis

$12 includes shipping worldwide, I understand. Great deal for
the Aussies ;-) (but I'd ask first . . . or volunteer a little
assistance :-).

jim

***************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

***************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

Old 23-09-2003, 04:08 AM
Iris Cohen

His commemorative exhibit was outstanding. The little cascade 'Chojubai' alone
was to die for.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 24-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Craig Cowing

Jim Lewis wrote:

Wow!

I just got my copy of Bill Valavanis' 48-page booklet, "Bonsai,
Past, Present, Futu Commemorating 40 years of Bonsai by
William N. Valavanis.

Great stuff. Great color pictures of more than 40 of Bills best,
along with his commentary on how he did it -- as if most of us
could emulate it. ;-) There also are sequential photos of each
tree's development over the years -- some back to the 1960s.

snip

I just ordered mine yesterday. I'm glad to hear it is worth the price, which is
very fair, and if it comes with recommendations from such luminaries as Jim I'm
sure it's very good indeed! The long-term development of the trees sounds like it
will be quite valuable.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37