Old 23-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Chris Cochrane

Default [IBC] [Re] (IBC) Altered work of ar... also, news from Chicago

The article I couldn't find on a curator's comments of design occurs in Bonsai Today's On-line Journal. Andy Rutledge interviewed Dave DeGroot. Dave is always a thoughtful teacher, and Andy didn't let him off the hook with easy questions. They were exp
loring territory not often discussed.

Perhaps Andy or another reader will comment on the Pacific Rim Collection receipt and maintenance of trees. Is Jim Grob still involved as a volunteer?

Speaking of generous posters, we used to hear from Ray Strauss with wonderful summaries of Chicago Botanic Garden events. I hope Scott Clark will now fill us in & remind us of stellar bonsai events, but I'd like to know of Ray's whereabouts. He introduc
ed me to a world of enthusiasts beyond my region that readily captured attention... and I'm very grateful.

Best wishes,
Chris... C. Cochrane, , Richmond VA USA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 30-10-2003, 04:02 AM
S. Clark

I'll call him. He lives close by. He sold off a whole bunch of stuff, quit
the BOD and ain't been seen since. I was thinking about him. We used to do
a lot of urban collecting. He was a good bonsai guy - he did bonsai as
opposed to staring like a deer in the headlights at trees. And yes, I wil
be happy to report any bonsai events round these parts - as well as
instigate a few bonsai events.
My motto is Shut up and pass me the heavy guage wire!"
regards,
Scott Clark
Where in the world is Roy Strauss.

****

****

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
Genetically Altered Fish as Pets? BenignVanilla Ponds 0 03-12-2003 03:32 PM
[IBC] Altered work of art Roger Snipes Bonsai 9 29-10-2003 01:42 AM
[IBC] Altered work of art [#Was: Maybe we should ask a different question] Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 14-10-2003 01:42 AM
Diseased plant altered genetically? VoySager Gardening 8 13-02-2003 05:25 AM