Old 31-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] **** [IBC] Dandelions as bonsai - was Dormancy for Kingswood Yardsai

Seriously... when you say bonsai dandelion, what do you

mean.... just
a potted plant? do you train the stem? leaf reduction? Any

pictures?

They're fairly common as companion plants around here.

I leave mine in what little lawn I have. They're green. Like
grass.

(Semi-rant)

Lawns have to be one of the more diabolical inventions exported
to this country by the British. I can NOT imagine why people put
such time, effort, and money into something as artificial and
high-maintenance as a lawn. Nor can I understand why people
fertilize lawns then hire an expensive, agricultural- and
horticultural-illiterate person to come every week to cut the
grass they just put fertilizer on so it would grow fast!

And if you're ever in Arizona . . . take a look at all the idiots
who moved there from Pennsylvania and who are trying to have a
lawn "just like home." (Many AZ communities have mandated
Xeriscape (TM) landscapes because of the immense water usage
required for a green lawn in the desert.)

(Normal irritated mode)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - VEGETARIAN:
An Indian word meaning "lousy hunter." (Borrowed from a sig by
fellow listowner, Scott Peterson)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 31-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Bart Thomas

And if you're ever in Arizona . . . take a look at all the idiots
who moved there from Pennsylvania and who are trying to have a
lawn "just like home." (Many AZ communities have mandated
Xeriscape (TM) landscapes because of the immense water usage
required for a green lawn in the desert.)

Let's not forget those who moved there to get away from their allergies.....
And then brought in all the trees they were allergic to!

While I have a great deal of sympathy for the victims of the California
fires, don't get me started on my feelings about the soutern california
ecosystem!

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 31-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Jim Lewis

And if you're ever in Arizona . . . take a look at all the

idiots
who moved there from Pennsylvania and who are trying to have

lawn "just like home." (Many AZ communities have mandated
Xeriscape (TM) landscapes because of the immense water usage
required for a green lawn in the desert.)

Let's not forget those who moved there to get away from their

allergies.....
And then brought in all the trees they were allergic to!

While I have a great deal of sympathy for the victims of the

California
fires, don't get me started on my feelings about the soutern

california
ecosystem!

Nothing really wrong with the SoCal ecosystem (except years of
fire suppression and a bunch of eejits who insist on building
wooden buildings in the midst of a fire-dependent ecosystem). I
suppose I'm sympathetic to their misery -- if not to their common
sense.

[IBC] Dormancy Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 12 03-01-2004 05:22 PM
[IBC] Ficus benjamina+Serissa dormancy Dimitrios Kalderis Bonsai 5 13-11-2003 11:02 PM
[IBC] Dandelions as bonsai - was Dormancy for KingswoodYardsai Roger Snipes Bonsai 1 01-11-2003 02:13 AM
[IBC] Dandelions as bonsai - was Dormancy for Kingswood Yardsai Roger Snipes Bonsai 3 31-10-2003 04:42 PM
[IBC] Dormancy for Kingswood Yardsai Mark Hill Bonsai 18 30-10-2003 02:12 PM