Old 26-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Cristian Cangaro

Default [IBC] Cordia Myxa

Dear Amigos: It is the first time that I write, I request thousand excuses to him by my Igles. I write to them because yesterday recibi three planitnes of CORDIA MYXA, brought it to the Argentina of seeds of Egypt, say that with the wood of this arbol to
wards the ataudes of the Pharaohs. If somebody knows well this species gustaria me who commentd out on this plant.
I burn for all
Cristian Cangaro

Estimados Amigos: Es la primera vez que escribo,le pido mil disculpas por mi Igles. Les escribo porque ayer recibi tres planitnes de CORDIA MYXA, lo trajeron a la Argentina de semillas de egipto, dicen que con la madera de este arbol se hacia los ataudes d
e los faraones. Si alguien conoce bien esta especie me gustaria que hiciera un comentario sobre esta planta.
Un abraso para todos
Cristian Cangaro

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Nina Shishkoff

I write to them because yesterday recibi three planitnes of CORDIA MYXA, brought it to the Argentina of seeds of Egypt, say that with the wood of this arbol towards the ataudes of the Pharaohs. If somebody knows well this species gustaria me who commentd
out on this plant.
I burn for all
Cristian Cangaro

Hi Cristian!

Cordia is used for rope (Cordia? Rope?), the leaves are used as cattle fodder in India, and the fruit has anti-inflammatory properties. It is also known as "Assyrian plum". It is in the Boraginaceae and is considered an invasive weed. So you may be doin
g Argentina a terrible disservice by growing this plant: make sure it doesn't get loose!

Someone described it as "a small tree with large, entangled branches. Looking from the ground, it looks a crazy puzzle or a bird´s nest". That sounds promising for bonsai.

Hey Jim, it's introduced into Florida- ever seen it?

Old 26-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Cristian Cangaro

Thanks Nina, Ok, tendre taken care of that expands and is a bad idea to introduce it aqui, in Argentina, but reason why you comment is a plant that has an important distribution of branches like cultivating it like Bonsai, if it is of slow growth, you you
do not know something on the culture. I burn

Gracias Nina, Ok, tendre cuidado que se expanda y sea una mala idea introducirla aqui,en Argentina, pero por lo que comentas es una planta que tiene una distribucion de ramas importante como para cultivarlo como bonsai, no se si es de lento crecimiento,ust
ed sabe algo sobre el cultivo?.Un abrasoCristian

Old 26-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Nina Shishkoff

you you do not know something on the culture.

It is tolerant of dry conditions and salinity and needs full sun. It grows in well-drained soils.

(I'm getting all this from a Google Search, incidentally. Type in "Cordia myxa" and you'll get the same stuff)

Old 26-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Cristian Cangaro

Ok, I also look for in Google, but there am no consegui but of which your you say to me, asi is that by such reason escribia to you. Thank you very much by preocuparte.

Ok, yo tambien busque en Google,pero no he conseguimas de lo que tu me dices, asi es que por tal motivo escribia a ti.
Muchas Gracias por preocuparte.
Cristian

you you do not know something on the culture.

It is tolerant of dry conditions and salinity and needs full sun. It grows in well-drained soils.

(I'm getting all this from a Google Search, incidentally. Type in "Cordia myxa" and you'll get the same stuff)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Iris Cohen

I write to them because yesterday recibi three planitnes of CORDIA MYXA,
brought it to the Argentina of seeds of Egypt, say that with the wood of this
arbol towards the ataudes of the Pharaohs. BRBR
Va aqui:A HREF="http://www.arbolesornamentales.com/Cordiamyxa.htm"CORDIA
MYXA/A
I found this reference in Spanish. If you search on Cordia myxa, you will find
numerous other references, but there is nothing about Egypt or the Pharaohs.
Probably a myth.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 26-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Shelly Hurd

Ola Cristian,

I haven't any direct experience with Cordia Myxa, but the Hortus I have says: Tropical deciduous tree to 40 feet, broad-ovate leaves to 5 inches (11cm), white flowers 1/2 inch or less in clusters, tan colored fruit 3/4 inch in diameter, used in medicine I
ndia to Australia. Planted in California and American tropics.

Perhaps one of our Ozzies knows this tree and can tell you if the leaves will reduce, I don't know.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9