Old 16-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Hawaii

My nephew is going to Maui the first of march, what should I
ask for to be
brought to be from over there.

Casuarina equestifolia
Hale koa (Hawaiian name)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 16-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Kitsune Miko

Yes, but...
I took things bought at nurseries off island. They
may have been pre-approved, but I imagine collecting
is a no no.

Kitsue Miko
--- alicia-dr-hankins
wrote:
you can't take any argicultural items off island...

smiles,
alicia

Old 16-02-2004, 04:50 PM
alicia-dr-hankins

Old 16-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Theo

I found a lovely extremely cheap gardenia jasminoide simple flower in
NY japanese bonsai small shop not far from Penny Station maybe 2
blocks for 60 us $ and I did not dare taking it as I had to go to
Tucson.. in my way back in NY ...it was sold ..:-)
ah these amercans laws .. but are laws !
Theo

--
EU Zone 7 GE (CH)
S.O.S.Bonsai online @ :

Old 16-02-2004, 08:38 PM
alicia-dr-hankins

if it came from the bonsai place on the big island
with a tag, then it may have gotten on
but fruit are a no no to carry off...

in any case, good luck at the customs desk on the
way out of the airport...
i had a MIL that works there and took home
lots of 'abandoned trees...and other stuff'
to give away at home...

smiles,
alicia