Old 01-03-2004, 03:14 AM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] Herb Gustafson White courtesy tele please: [IBC] suggestion for the IBC site

Herb,
What are the chances of some photos to go with the class. As I understand, that class happened WAY before the IBC had the ability to use pictures. It was/is Herb's class, I think we should ask HIM first, before we link to something else. Who else do we
know who wears Viking helmets and is happy about it? :-)

Alan, thanks for your idea, I also think that would be outstanding, I enjoy the idea of the bonsai community coming together as much as possible, instead of re-inventing the wheel every time someone wants to pursue something.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

Old 01-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

What are the chances of some photos to go with the class. As I
understand, that class happened WAY before the IBC had the
ability to use pictures. It was/is Herb's class, I think we
should ask HIM first, before we link to something else.

I never thought nor suggested to link to something else. I am thinking
about adding stuff :-)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 01-03-2004, 02:58 PM
jklewis

It wasn't Nic, it was me. I'm a staunch supporter of capitalizing on someone ELSE's work when yu can do it legitimately. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

From: Nicolas Steenhout
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:21:46 +1300

************************************************* *******************************

Old 01-03-2004, 03:01 PM
jklewis

Default [IBC] suggestion for the IBC site

There also is a FREE Powerpoint viewer available in the dpwnloads section of the Microsoft Site.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

From: Alan Walker
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:49:04 -0600

BCI has created a few Microsoft PowerPoint programs, saved them
in Internet format, and has made them available on the BCI website. You
may feel free to link to them.
http://www.bonsai-bci.com/ppoint.htm We
would love to have more, of course.
The PowerPoint application program is a product of the Microsoft
Corporation and is usually included in programs such as Microsoft Office
or both the Macintosh and the IBM compatible platforms. It has
supplanted to a great extent the use of 35mm color slides in
professional presentations.
You do not need to have the application program, PowerPoint, on
your computer to view the programs we have placed on the web. What you
do need is a relatively current browser which will view "frames". The
programs have been tested with the most recent versions of Netscape and
Internet Explorer and work fine.

Bonsai Styles
Tom Zane, the author of Introduction to Bonsai - A Course Syllabus,
created this program from data in his Syllabus. It covers the 5 basic
(classical) styles as well as variations of those styles.

Literati Bonsai
This program originally was a 35mm slide/tape program. It has been
edited for PowerPoint and further edited for viewing on the Internet.
Alan Walker
We'd be happy to take volunteers who might like to do something
like that. Nic has been looking -- futilely, I might add -- for
volunteers to add to the excellent Juniper class that Herb Gustafson put
together for us some years ago.
These would be nice adjuncts. (Somewhere, however, there IS a
website that has a wiring demo.)
Nic: If we can find it, we might want to link to it.
Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

Old 01-03-2004, 03:01 PM
jklewis

Old 01-03-2004, 03:01 PM
jklewis

Old 01-03-2004, 03:01 PM
jklewis

Old 01-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Shelly Hurd

Nic,

I thought I understood your intent (Jim's as well). I was given Herb's latest for Christmas this year (Bonsai Workshop ISBN 0-8069-0556-5) and there are many pic's in it that may apply to his lessons for us. He may still own the pic's and might choose to
let us use them to illustrate the class. That's all I was thinking, you know I support any positive changes you do to our site, and so far you've never steered us wrong.

Back behind the fridge,