Old 07-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Mostly a test

I don't do this often, but while everything else (Listserv test,
etc.) checks out, I've had no list messages for 24 hours. Need
to see if my ISP is fooling around before I query LSoft.

Had an inch of rain last night; almost the first we've had in
2003. Much needed. Trees are ALL leafing out, and we're bound
to get a few more freezes before the March 14 "last freeze" date.
Have to start repotting next week (or sooner).

I'm working on another "seasonal care" essay -- this one on
spring chores. Those of you who have particular spring jobs
(aside from run-of-the-mill repotting) might drop me a line.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Jim Lewis

Well, got my own message in less than 4 seconds. Things seem to
be working _really_ well. You guys must all be sulking. ;-)

jim

Old 07-02-2003, 02:05 PM
marco favero

Hi Jim ,

your post is the first from two days coming from lsoft.com.
I became to worrying ;-).
Now I see you will postpone your repottings,like here .
best wishes,

marco

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************

Old 07-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Louis Brooks

Yes the rain was much needed. This is my favorite time
of the year when everything begins to bud out. My Acer
is shooting out buds everywhere which is a relief
since I was a bit worried about it for a while. And my
Boug is getting ready to flower it looks like.

As for the last freeze in March, well I am guessing we
will have a least one hard cold snap in April as usual
too.

Louis Brooks
Tallahassee, Florida

Had an inch of rain last night; almost the first
we've had in
2003. Much needed. Trees are ALL leafing out, and
we're bound
to get a few more freezes before the March 14 "last
freeze" date.
Have to start repotting next week (or sooner).

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Mark Hill

Jim;

Trade you the 1 inch of rain for the 8 inches of snow I got last night
!!!

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA - Zone 6 (covered in snow !!)

********
********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/
-- --

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

Old 07-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

I'm with Mark! I feel so sorry for you guys in FL...NOT. We got snow last
night and it's supposed to get down to 10 or so degreees tonight. I think
our "last freeze" date is sometime in mid-May ;-)

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

Old 07-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Jim Lewis

I'm with Mark! I feel so sorry for you guys in FL...NOT. We
got snow last
night and it's supposed to get down to 10 or so degreees

tonight. I think
our "last freeze" date is sometime in mid-May ;-)

Yeah. Carl even sent pictures! NOT for me.

I actually repotted my two small pear trees this morning. They
had BURST into leaf overnight, and I had to get them into their
new homes quickly. I'll probably be lugging them inside a couple
of times between now and mid-March (April "freezes" aren't cold
or long enough to worry about).

David Thoreau - Walden

Old 07-02-2003, 07:42 PM
James Harris

All I can say is this winter bites!!!!!!!

Jim Harris (Trying to talk his wife into moving SOUTH)
S.E. Michigan, Zone "Too D@mn Cold"

Jim Lewis 2/7/03 11:58:36 AM

I'm with Mark! I feel so sorry for you guys in FL...NOT. We

got snow last
night and it's supposed to get down to 10 or so degreees

tonight. I think
our "last freeze" date is sometime in mid-May ;-)

Yeah. Carl even sent pictures! NOT for me.

I actually repotted my two small pear trees this morning. They
had BURST into leaf overnight, and I had to get them into their
new homes quickly. I'll probably be lugging them inside a couple
of times between now and mid-March (April "freezes" aren't cold
or long enough to worry about).

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Our life is