Old 12-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Bart Thomas

Default [IBC] Florida Soil: Didja wonder?

Hey guys....

Does a year split between Palm Beach (winter) and Pensacola (summer) and two
years in Jax qualify me for a grandfather clause? Of course that was well
back in the last century.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Jim Lewis

On 12 Aug 2004 at 1:46, Marty wrote:

Speaking of the Arizona desert, I spent 4 months in Douglas, on the Mexican
border. It was probably the only air base which had air conditioning! Our
machine worked on cold water pumped thru coils. Since the cold water was
recirculated, it soon became hot water. Those were the days!
Marty

GRIN - Phoo. That was "high desert" and doesn't count. We used
those evaporative coolers in the Yuma (AZ)/ Calexico (CA) area (at or
below sea level and HOT -- like 115 F in the shade). The unit was on
ONE window of the house. Had to stand in front of it before the
moist air provided any reall cooling benefit. Naturally, that was
there all our furniture was grouped. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and its
living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it should
have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

On 11 Aug 2004 at 17:39,
wrote:

In a message dated 8/11/2004 3:43:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

3. Any (wo)man who lives in Florida but wasn't born there?

My wife and I are natives, my children are natives, my parents

(one
still living) are natives, three of four grandparents were natives. I

lived
without AC in home, car or work place until I was 30 years old.
I get to stay. (I have one grandchild born in Georgia, but he

gets to
stay. He is grandfathered in.)
The rest of you???

I've only lived here for 42 years, but have put in my quota of un-
airconditioned time -- here AND in the Arizona desert back in the 40s
and 50s. 8=/

Jim Lewis -
- This economy is a wholly owned
subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --