Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2005, 06:43 PM

Default [IBC] Two Questions....Azalia and Mealybugs

As a relative newbie (mainly a lurker on the site) of a little over a year
into this addictive hobby, I have two questions.
My hubby just brought home 2 miniature azaleas. I know there are certain
times to root prune and replant. Am I too late....south Florida, zone 10.
They were only labeled as miniature azaleas - specific variety not listed. They
are in lovely bloom...one double fuchsia and one single pink with white
edges on the petals.

Problem two - I seem to have thriving colonies of mealy bugs. They have not
made all plants their home, but have invaded some Mexican petunias (in the
ground, not bonsai) and another shrub that are planted near the trees. I
brought a Brazilian Rain Tree a couple of months ago from a bonsaist who, due to
health reasons was selling his plants. I found that tree was infested. Used
the soap solution and thought the problem was solved. When I discovered
this other infestation, I checked it carefully and found one or two and it has
been sprayed and seems clean. Is there anything other than the soap solution
to use? How often can I repeat the spraying. I seem to remember a week.
Can the amount of alcohol added to the mix be increased? If so, how much?

Love the list...have learned much...and any help will be appreciated.
Carol in S. Florida...Ft. Lauderdale area.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Azalia bill Garden Photos 0 08-07-2008 05:42 PM
Mealybugs on Paphs - HELP!!! Noochka One Orchids 16 22-10-2004 04:14 PM
Mealybugs, HELP IiSpankyii Orchids 17 11-01-2004 12:32 AM
Scale/Mealybugs and Orchids Brian Vogel Orchids 1 17-11-2003 04:22 PM
sick azalia conkbrite United Kingdom 5 28-04-2003 02:20 AM