Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Tiziano

Default Ficus with Jin

Hello to eveyrbody
I was looking in Google and found 2 bonsai with jin but they are
little specimen

the question: does anyone has some address or picture to show some nice
specimens with nice jin ?
thanks

Old 04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Jim Lewis

Tiziano wrote:
Hello to eveyrbody
I was looking in Google and found 2 bonsai with jin but they are
little specimen

the question: does anyone has some address or picture to show some nice
specimens with nice jin ?

Ficus with jin can't be too common, since I think it wold be difficult
to keep the jin from rotting away. They certainly can't be a common
sight in nature.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - People, when
Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts and berries.
And I'm right here to tell you (that) the berries are just about all
gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Tiziano

Hi

Jim Lewis wrote:

Tiziano wrote:

Hello to eveyrbody
I was looking in Google and found 2 bonsai with jin but they are
little specimen

the question: does anyone has some address or picture to show some
nice specimens with nice jin ?

Ficus with jin can't be too common, since I think it wold be difficult
to keep the jin from rotting away. They certainly can't be a common
sight in nature.

true not common at all in nature !

Ficus a is from Rain Forest where dead wood rots easily
but under our climates is different,so
I was wondering if someone dared to do it .
I had to cut an old one an apt tree and the wood was wery hard
Thanks anyway
Tiziano

Old 04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Although Ficus is frequently found in wet areas, the tendency to rot and make poor jin is more related to the nature of the wood rather than the climate.

Billy on the florida Space Coast

When to make a jin Tiziano Bonsai 4 08-06-2005 04:37 PM
Jin Tiziano Bonsai 4 01-06-2005 06:46 AM
[IBC] Jin [email protected] Bonsai 1 06-05-2005 06:13 PM
[IBC] Ficus with Jin Steven Wachs Bonsai 3 06-05-2005 02:19 PM
[IBC] Juniper Jin and Shari Hung Le Bonsai 2 25-05-2003 02:08 PM