Old 23-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Jim Gremel

Default [IBC] Dried (?) Hackberry

Stephanie wrote:

We recently purchased a very large Hackberry bonsai tree. It must be
very old because it's trunk has a 2 inch diameter. It has been doing
fine outside, receiving early morning sun, then getting indirect sun
the rest of the day. Recently here in Phoenix it went up 107 degrees.
We've been keeping it watered but noticed yesterday that the leaves
have dried up and sort of shriveled up. Is this due to the heat? We've
since brought it inside and are furiously talking to it telling it that
it can not die! lol Is there anything else we can do for it, is it past
the point of no return, was the heat too much for it?

Thanks,
Stephanie Mastorakis

Stephanie:
Try calling David Meyer. He the owner of the Bonsai Center & Gift
Gallery in Tucson & can advise you on how to cope with your particular
climate. David's phone number is 520 722-2000 & his web site is
www.bonsaitucson.com

Jim Gremel

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --