Old 05-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] BCI Pot

A friend went to the DC do and brought back one of the BCI commemorative
pots. I guess there was also a WBFF pot also but I didn't get one of those
This pot is made in Italy but is a copy of one in the Smithsonian collection?
Anyone know any more?
He had a copy of the Robert Steven's book for himself. That is a nice book.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
elize marie mann

Billy the pot in the Smithonian collection is an antique pot owned by Mr. Su
from Taiwan.
It is not really in the Smithsoniancollection but there was an extra
exhibition on antique pots owned by Mr. Su in the Smithsonian for the
occasion.Openingnight was friday before the WBFF and I don't remember how
long the pots will remain in the museum.
elize
elize
A friend went to the DC do and brought back one of the BCI commemorative
pots. I guess there was also a WBFF pot also but I didn't get one of those
This pot is made in Italy but is a copy of one in the Smithsonian
collection?
Anyone know any more?
He had a copy of the Robert Steven's book for himself. That is a nice
book.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Pauline Muth

The 6 Su pots are part of the exhibit on Eastern Arts at the Sackler
Gallery. They
will be there for a month or so. The two pots copied in reduced scale for
BCI and WBFF
are copies of pots in the exhibit.
Knowing Alan, he may have his book on these pots and can give their origins.
I lent mine
out for a bit.
Both BCI and WBFF still have pots available for purchase.
Pauline

In a message dated 6/5/2005 5:36:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Billy the pot in the Smithsonian collection is an antique pot owned by Mr.
Su
from Taiwan.
It is not really in the Smithsoniancollection but there was an extra
exhibition on antique pots owned by Mr. Su in the Smithsonian for the
occasion.Openingnight was Friday before the WBFF and I don't remember how
long the pots will remain in the museum.
elize

Okay, do we know anything about the pot in Mr. Su's collection? Age?
Origin?
Etc?
Interesting that the Smithsonian web sites don't mention this exhibition.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****
****

Old 07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Keith

Unless I am mistaken the WBFF was a CERTRE pot. They are made in Italy and
this was a replica of one of Mr. Su's pots. The replica pot made by Certre
is called the Ichisu. Here is a link to the website
http://www.certre.it/index2en_certre_us.php. When the page comes up click,
on the left, on certified pots then on rectangle and that will bring up some
samples.

Keith
Eastern N.C.

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote in message
In a message dated 6/5/2005 5:46:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Both BCI and WBFF still have pots available for purchase.

WBFF said they wouldn't ship. Have they changed that policy? How
can
a pot be ordered?

Also, does anyone know if copies of the Robert Steven's book are
still
available?

Old 07-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Alan Walker

The BCI pot was a Certré pot modeled after one of I. Chi
Su's antique Chinese pots. Cost at the convention was $20. I'm
not sure of the details right now, but while supplies last, I'm
pretty sure the same price still applies plus shipping/handling.
Orders should be directed to the BCI Business Office, c/o
Donna Banting, PO Box 8445, Metairie, LA 70011-8445, USA
Tel - 504-832-8071 or Fax - 504-834-2298
E-mail:

Alan Walker