Old 22-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Ante Busko

Default [IBC] Japanese Boxwood

I have a boxwood at home and been growing it in a pot for about half a year and wanted to wait up until next spring or so to a nice pot. However, I've noticing the leaves on it disappearing. Wondered what was going on. Almost seemed it was 'losing its hair'. Then one day at home playing xbox, I looked outside on the patio and i saw , ahem, MY LOVELY cat up high next to the pot nibblin on the leaves. She was the culprit. Any pointers on what to do about this. I read somewhere that i should grow some catnip or something for the cat and that should deter it from my boxwood. What d'yall think.

Thanks again,
Ante
Huntington Beach, CA

~Busko

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Carl Rosner

You can try placing some small paper souffle cups filled with fresh ground pepper. Or as some trainers do, they use a water pistol. Everytime the cat goes near the plant blast the cat with water.... :0)

Carl L. Rosner

Ante Busko wrote:
I have a boxwood at home and been growing it in a pot for about half a year and wanted to wait up until next spring or so to a nice pot. However, I've noticing the leaves on it disappearing. Wondered what was going on. Almost seemed it was 'losing its hair'. Then one day at home playing xbox, I looked outside on the patio and i saw , ahem, MY LOVELY cat up high next to the pot nibblin on the leaves. She was the culprit. Any pointers on what to do about this. I read somewhere that i should grow some catnip or something for the cat and that should deter it from my boxwood. What d'yall think.

Thanks again,
Ante
Huntington Beach, CA

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

www.carlrosner.com
http://www.yessy.com/arteacher3725
http://rosner.becanz.net

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Ante Busko

Trust me I've done the water pistol. She's a b!+@# still, still getting into trouble. Whats funny is when she she's me, she dont do it, but when i'm not visible they go crazy! I'll try the ground pepper stuff. HAAA I also heard about putting shavings of oranges or lemon on top of the soil. I tried it but I wasnt sure if that worked 100%

Ante

From: Carl Rosner
Date: Fri Jul 22 18:41:35 CDT 2005
Subject: [IBC] Japanese Boxwood

You can try placing some small paper souffle cups filled with fresh ground pepper. Or as some trainers do, they use a water pistol. Everytime the cat goes near the plant blast the cat with water.... :0) Carl L. Rosner

Ante Busko wrote:I have a boxwood at home and been growing it in a pot for about half a year and wanted to wait up until next spring or so to a nice pot. However, I've noticing the leaves on it disappearing. Wondered what was going on. Almost seemed it was 'losing its hair'. Then one day at home playing xbox, I looked outside on the patio and i saw , ahem, MY LOVELY cat up high next to the pot nibblin on the leaves. She was the culprit. Any pointers on what to do about this. I read somewhere that i should grow some catnip or something for the cat and that should deter it from my boxwood. What d'yall think.

Thanks again,
Ante
Huntington Beach, CA

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-07-2005, 03:00 AM
Kitsune Miko

At one time I had too many cats. Kids dropped them
off temporarily then never picked them up. The cats
said there were too many of them and started peeing in
the house. I scrubbed down their favoirte place,
applied odor removers, covered the ground with a whole
large can of ground pepper. On the forth day there
were kitty paw prints in the pepper. This was pre
Costco so I couldn't buy a larger contaner yet. Seems
I had to renew it.

Try moth balls. Or...what I have done for the
squirrels is cover the plants with netting I had left
over from a costume. There is a "mist" of orange
netting over everything.

BTW have I mentioned that my research shows that four
out of five squirrels prefer to dig in kanuma soil?

Kits

From: Carl Rosner
Date: Fri Jul 22 18:41:35 CDT 2005

[...]

++++Sponsored, in part, by Kevin
Bailey++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott