Old 15-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Setzler

Default How do you get rid of moles without traps

Moles do not eat vegetation! Voles do and squirrels and chipmunks will eat the
flower bulbs, except for daffodils, which are poisonous to animals.

susan

Genevieve Tharp wrote:

"Susan E Desjardins" wrote in message
We have moles in our lawn & garden and wonder if there is a way to
get rid of them without trapping & killing them.

Moles and voles can really dig up a yard bad and eat out flower bulbs. You
can try putting moth balls at the mouth of one of their tunnels running
along the top of the ground ... or just open up the tunnel and drop one in
ever so often down the line of the tunnel. Moth balls are good for
discouraging skunks, cats, and mosquitoes too.

Genevieve in Mississipppi

Old 16-03-2003, 02:32 AM
lois

At an experimental garden I compared juicy fruit gum and chocolate
laxative to solve the mole problem. The chocolate laxative won hands
down. Use gloves [no human odor]; put into pieces and put in main runs
[usually along bldgs, walks]

Old 18-03-2003, 03:32 PM
bob

"len" wrote in
:

FWIW, our dogs like to dig them up.

Bob
Zone 7

So do our Labs, that explains why they don't survive in the
backyard,( but
thats a hole story. You know Labs don't necesarily kill what they
get.

One of our dogs is a lab mix... I have noticed he doesn't kill things. At
least not right away. The other dog is a shepard mix. He kills things.
Sometimes the lab eats things he catches to avoid loosing it to the
other.

Bob