Old 07-03-2007, 02:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default A Perspective on Raised Gardens

On 6 Mar 2007 13:34:23 -0800, "Jay" wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
On 5 Mar 2007 20:13:14 -0800, "Jay" wrote:
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
On 4 Mar 2007 12:39:02 -0800, "Jay" wrote:

stuff

Oh dear, good thing I didn't chastise him as it appears my sarcasm has
completely unhinged him.

Best you back off as you are flirting with slander which I take VERY
seriously.

Flirt? Au contraire, I quit flirting with slander years ago, dragged
its natty behind into the bushes, and had my way with it. Afterwards,
as it lay there gasping and trembling with exhaustion, I riffled its
pockets and stole its suspenders for good measure.

So, are you going to huff and puff and blooooooow my house down?

Penelope
- "pointed"
Old 07-03-2007, 02:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:42:18 -0500, Luke Howett Fitzhugh
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:59:32 GMT, Rick wrote:

On 6 Mar 2007 13:34:23 -0800, "Jay" wrote:

On Mar 6, 10:33 am, Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:
Oh dear, good thing I didn't chastise him as it appears my sarcasm has
completely unhinged him.

Penelope

Best you back off as you are flirting with slander which I take VERY
seriously.

OOOOOHHHHH!

Now you plan to censure what people say on usenet. Yeah, that always works!
Snort...

Don't forget that frightening THREAT. Everybody is a tough guy on the
Internet...

Would you two hush. I'm hoping for a new .sig out of this.

Penelope
- "pointed"
Old 07-03-2007, 03:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:54:24 -0800, William Rose
wrote:

Is it just me? These last posting from Jay seem to be losing the focus
of rec.gardens.edible.

Jay is a spammer. He wants you to come to his web site and buy his
product. His email address is faked, Yahoo says he doesn't exist. He
never had any intention of posting to *cough, cough* "the focus of
rec.gardens.edible".

When I called him on his spamming, he had a tantrum. He was sending
things to my email as well as here until I plonked his behind outside
my spam filters.

I mean there are lots of crummy things going on
in the kleptocracy that we live in but it seems to me that we need to
take the hinayana approach here in rec.gardens.edible or the news group
will become everything about everything. So let's all rally around the
sunflowers and scratch at the dirt, and when your feeling feisty, we can
meet at rec.gov.throwthe*******sout or go google my hero, Jose Bové.

Your habit of trying to tell everyone how they can and can't post to
this froup is gauche. If you wish to follow the practices of some
defunct Buddhist sect, please go right ahead; but stop trying to force
your choices on the rest of us. I like my peppers, my men, and my
conversations spicy.

Penelope
- "pointed"

Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

[...]

Gauche? Do you have the faintest concept of what gauche means? Gauche
because I'd like a little civility? Gauche because some cut and paste,
aluminum siding salesman, and a red hot mama want to take up space set
aside for digging dirt, not dishing it? Non, non, non, Monsieur et
Madam, vous êtes vraiment gauche.

OK, OK, so I'm only human, we all make mistakes. Reminds me of the time
I was comfortably astraddle a bar stool in the Blue Beet in Balboa,
California, and I notice the lady (old) next to me has a black eye and
stitches in one cheek. I don't know what came over me, but I asked her
what happened. She says "my ol' man beat me with a table radio". Jeez, I
sez, completely losing my wits, why do you stay with the SOB? Where upon
she slides down off her bar stool and starts coming towards me saying,
"You can't call my ol' man an SOB"!!!?

All I can say is the best of luck to the both of you. Have fun.

Oh, maybe I should explain, to the best of my knowledge (uh-huh) the
Hinayana Buddists believe, much like Protestants, that we are each
responsible for our own salvation, enlightenment, call it what you will.
Where as the Mahayana Buddists believe that we are all responsible for
everyone's salvation, enlightenment, und so weiter. So I opined that the
group rec.gardens.edible would be better off without shucksters and ego
drivel as characterized above and,the good Lord willing, stick to the
reason that we are here.

I now withdraw from the field of combat, bloodied but unbowed. Everybody
may now think as they like. Free will is back. You have my blessings. I
no longer have any power over you. Go for it.

But, . . . if you do feel some ego flatulance coming on, I'd appreciate
it if you could hold it or take it to another news froup, I mean another
news group. But that's just sooo me:-)

It'll just be my luck, that I just chastised the two cognitively
challenged members of the group.

Well, gotta run. I think my duvet is calling me.

-Bill

Old 30-03-2007, 09:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mar 4, 5:13 pm, Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:
On 4 Mar 2007 12:39:02 -0800, "Jay" wrote:

There are a series of articles

You're a slimey bottom feeder of a spammer, the kind of crud the rest
of us scrape off our shoes whilst glaring at the neighbor's dog.

You have been reported to your ISP.

Penelope
- "pointed"

AREN'T YOU JUST THE DELIGHTFUL PERSON.

Old 18-04-2007, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Your habit of trying to tell everyone how they can and can't post to
this froup is gauche. If you wish to follow the practices of some
defunct Buddhist sect, please go right ahead; but stop trying to force
your choices on the rest of us. I like my peppers, my men, and my
conversations spicy.

[snip]

Your habit of trying to tell everyone how they can and can't post to
this froup is gauche. If you wish to follow the practices of some
defunct Buddhist sect, please go right ahead; but stop trying to force
your choices on the rest of us.

I know you are, but what am I?

Takes one to know one!

--

"Truth matters, God doesn't & life sucks."

-- House, M.D.
Old 18-04-2007, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

William Rose wrote:

[rant snipt, even though it was kinda cute]

Well, gotta run. I think my duvet is calling me.

What's it calling you?